Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

#CouchSale

2»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When his class was signed, I felt Tryon was the most underrated by far. His film was incredible in that he was both huge and had that rare last step burst to close on runners, and I just didn't get the low rating and having nothing better than UW or the Coug. 2019 was a bit of a bizzarro season for me, as everything that made sense on paper didn't show up on the field, causing things to go to total shit. One of those things was that you'd expect Tryon to pick up the 2019 season where he left off in 2018. It took him well into the 2018 season to figure things out, but he had all the look of a near-future all-conference player by the end of that season.

Instead, "what the hell happened to Tryon?" was one of the biggest mysteries to me through the first half or so of 2019. By the end of the season, he was right back to looking like he was at the end of 2018. For the second offseason in a row, he was one of the guys I most expected to dominate once play resumed, so it's sad from a UW standpoint that he's leaving. That being said, I had already mentally prepared myself for another letdown, as fool me twice... well, you can't fool me again.

He has every tool to be a high caliber NFL player, and I wish him luck, I just still can't explain his early-2019 performance.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He was always leaving after this season

There is no season

Not hard to see what happened
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    A sign of everyone's apathy right now, a couch sale like this a year ago would be probably 10 pages deep by now.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

He won’t get drafted

Who the fuck knows. The 2021 draft is going to be a blind auction.
    Yep this. I guess it will just make the underwear olympics that much more important to the scouts. Thats the hard part to predict though. UW fans assume Tryon will kill it there, but there are no guarantees. Ahmed was expected to do well there too.

My guess is rounds 3-5.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

He won’t get drafted

Yep this. I guess it will just make the underwear olympics that much more important to the scouts. Thats the hard part to predict though. UW fans assume Tryon will kill it there, but there are no guarantees. Ahmed was expected to do well there too.

My guess is rounds 3-5.
    Tyron is elite as some like to say
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He’s going to go in the first three rounds.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

chuck said:

HuskyJW said:

He won’t get drafted

My guess is rounds 3-5.
    Tyron is elite as some like to say
    He's an elite prospect. It would be dumb to deny that. The problem is he hasn't gotten past the prospect label and been an elite player yet. He really needed this season..

Right now he has some bad game film, some good game film, a handful of good highlights, and looks impressive. He's a roll of the dice for an NFL team.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,981
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

When his class was signed, I felt Tryon was the most underrated by far. His film was incredible in that he was both huge and had that rare last step burst to close on runners, and I just didn't get the low rating and having nothing better than UW or the Coug. 2019 was a bit of a bizzarro season for me, as everything that made sense on paper didn't show up on the field, causing things to go to total shit. One of those things was that you'd expect Tryon to pick up the 2019 season where he left off in 2018. It took him well into the 2018 season to figure things out, but he had all the look of a near-future all-conference player by the end of that season.

Instead, "what the hell happened to Tryon?" was one of the biggest mysteries to me through the first half or so of 2019. By the end of the season, he was right back to looking like he was at the end of 2018. For the second offseason in a row, he was one of the guys I most expected to dominate once play resumed, so it's sad from a UW standpoint that he's leaving. That being said, I had already mentally prepared myself for another letdown, as fool me twice... well, you can't fool me again.

He has every tool to be a high caliber NFL player, and I wish him luck, I just still can't explain his early-2019 performance.

The Kyle Seager of college football.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,481
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wonder if how weak the edge rusher class is for this draft is helped push him out.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,268
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    ESPN (flagged for watching ESPN) says he’s the #40 overall prospect (McShay).

Seems like the right decision. Another year of football may have gotten him to the first round but no football to play cause fuck our conference.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    What's your favorite Joe Tryon moment? His screw ups are memorable than good plays. #BearsWiin
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HuskyJW said:

He won’t get drafted

HuskyJW said:

He won’t get drafted

HuskyJW said:

He won’t get drafted

Buccaneers select Washington LB Joe Tryon to close out Day 1 of 2021 draft
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Wonder if how weak the edge rusher class is for this draft is helped push him out.

I always said that if Jaelan Phillips with his 2 concussions in college, medical retirement, comes back to Miami and now gets drafted mid-1st round ... it's a weak draft and/or pass rushing is an amplified need in today's NFL.

Joe Tryon, Buccaneers 1st round pick.

Some prognosticators got this pick nailed.