Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anyone ever try/currently doing day trading?

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
I kicked the tires on it, (and would have the discipline to not let losing positions keep going) but never got into it.

Also realize 80% plus of people who do it, lose money, so don't like those odds.

Curious about others experiences with it.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Don’t have the ballz for it. Was really counter productive for me at work. Spent most of the time watching my portfolio than actual doing my job.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,560
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited August 2020
    So I am a managed account model portfolio creator and have done thousands of hours of technical analytics research
    involving the testing of correlation assumptions and trying out various methods of trading based on a wide variety of
    proprietary algorithm-based trading methodologies.

My recommendation is to rigorously backtest your ideas before investing capital.

The other thing is that markets go through cycles where factors that work beautifully for a period of time then do not
    work as market rotation occurs and another array of factors then "appear to be working". Meaningful testing needs to
    be conducted over extensive time periods which includes various up / down / sideways market cycles in order to draw
    statistically significant results.

Tradestation has a testing platform that you can employ to try out your ideas and they offer training classes and help forums for those that have the interest.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Sounds gay

You sound poor