Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Cancel Goodyear

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited August 2020
    SFGbob said:

Have to say IDGAF. Goodyear is ultimately accountable to their shareholders. I don’t get in on the boycott stuff from either side. Trump is being an overreactive idiot here and is dead wrong IMO.

This. Here's the thing. Not allowing MAGA hats isn't illegal, and it's their right to do so. However, a good 70-80% of the purchases of their higher margin tires are purchased by conservative voters. So, it's a stupid business decision, but it's their right.
    Not allowing MAGA hats is okay. Allowing BLM hats and shirts and banning Blue Lives Matter hats and shirts is fucking unacceptable.
    It's not illegal, that's the point. Look, they call it "get woke, get broke" for a reason. The market will make the final decision.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Change to what school? The school has strong contractual arrangements with their students based on published materials. A suspension would have left them liable. They dropped it after the publicity and when the attorneys started to gather. Maybe Hillsdale is a last refuge. It ain't Oregon or Washington.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Change to what school? The school has strong contractual arrangements with their students based on published materials. A suspension would have left them liable. They dropped it after the publicity and when the attorneys started to gather. Maybe Hillsdale is a last refuge. It ain't Oregon or Washington.

So it got resolved. See, sanity prevailed.
    I think being threatened by suspension and being made a national figure wasn't in the student manual. The sane thing would have been to act like an adult in charge of educating students and tell the complainer to go phuck themselves and that this happened to still be America rather than open up an investigation.

I think being threatened by suspension and being made a national figure wasn't in the student manual. The sane thing would have been to act like an adult in charge of educating students and tell the complainer to go phuck themselves and that this happened to still be America rather than open up an investigation.

Unfortunately, that’s today’s academic reality. My daughters are basically liberals, but not outspoken about it and my oldest seems to becoming more moderate as she gets ready to go to pre-med next year. We don’t really ever talk politics around the house unless they bring up something.
    Son is all in on Trump. Daughter has problems with "feelings" particularly about immigration, but she is a homeowner, getting married and thinking about kids and her future. She does know the lockdown, particularly in Bend was a fraud. BLM and antifa are the deal breaker for her. This is about American or Venezuela and she can see that.
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,943 Founders Club
    “All Lives Matter” is offensive to Goodyear? So what lives don’t matter to Goodyear? Asian? White? Jewish?

Goodyear would be smart to fire everyone involved in this fiasco. Soyboy beta cuck urbanites don’t own cars therefore don’t purchase tires. Pandering to those folks is insanely stupid.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,163

Lets be real here, if you aren't buying Yokohama or Toyo, you're buying a shit tire. HTH

Toyo? Christ! Yokos are ok.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,908 Swaye's Wigwam

“All Lives Matter” is offensive to Goodyear? So what lives don’t matter to Goodyear? Asian? White? Jewish?

Goodyear would be smart to fire everyone involved in this fiasco. Soyboy beta cuck urbanites don’t own cars therefore don’t purchase tires. Pandering to those folks is insanely stupid.

Seriously. They’re fucking themselves with NASCAR, truckers, and police departments if they don’t.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,577 Standard Supporter

Seriously. They’re fucking themselves with NASCAR, truckers, and police departments if they don’t.

Well, bye.

Dumbass Goodyear.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    edited August 2020
    Swaye said:

Goodyear is garbage for Jeep tires, which is all I care about. Won't ever be buying a Goodyear product, but that has nothing to do with MAGA hats. They just suck ass.

BFGoodrich Radial T/A's for my old 1989 Wrangler I had when I lived in LA. But that's only because I loved the way the white lettering looked on the tire. They could have been complete garbage tires but that Jeep never left pavement other than to go onto beach sand.

This wasn't my Jeep, my Jeep had the full chrome package and chrome Crager wheels but it's the same color and pretty close to how mine looked. Wasn't so much a Jeep as a SoCal pimpmobile.

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    MelloDawg said:
    Well, guess Goodyear fucked up that arrangement, too. Good marketing decision. Shareholders must be thrilled a Goodyear share is down 5% to $9.50 in one day.

Basically a dud stock, anyhow. Guessing the CEO doesn’t last long.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited August 2020
    SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Goodyear is garbage for Jeep tires, which is all I care about. Won't ever be buying a Goodyear product, but that has nothing to do with MAGA hats. They just suck ass.

BFGoodrich Radial T/A's for my old 1989 Wrangler I had when I lived in LA. But that's only because I loved the way the white lettering looked on the tire. They could have been complete garbage tires but that Jeep never left pavement other than to go onto beach sand.

This wasn't my Jeep, my Jeep had the full chrome package and chrome Crager wheels but it's the same color and pretty close to how mine looked. Wasn't so much a Jeep as a SoCal pimpmobile.

Cooper STT Pros are tits for general off road and crawling duties. Lots of BFG options that are top shelf. Nitto's and Mickey's for mud. Even Falken makes a good crawling tire.

Goodyear Kevlar stuff is heavy garbage, loud as fuck, prone to sidewall damage and chunk out badly. Newbies think they are the best because "Kevlar!?!?!!?!?." You never see them on the Jeeps of people who know what they are doing. Unless their Dad works for Goodyear or they just hate money. Fuck Goodyear.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,137 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

SFGbob said:

Swaye said:

Cooper STT Pros are tits for general off road and crawling duties. Lots of BFG options that are top shelf. Nitto's and Mickey's for mud. Even Falken makes a good crawling tire.

Goodyear Kevlar stuff is heavy garbage, loud as fuck, prone to sidewall damage and chunk out badly. Newbies think they are the best because "Kevlar!?!?!!?!?." You never see them on the Jeeps of people who know what they are doing. Unless their Dad works for Goodyear or they just hate money. Fuck Goodyear.
    I had a set of those Goodyears when they first came out. Shit. Most tires don't last on the big diesel trucks as all that torque and the trucks are heavy.

I am running on General's new ATX and so far it's very good. Have to see how they last but good at everything so far and better than anything else I've used for snow and ice except my winter studded tires. Made here but I think Continental owns the company.