Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Amazon.com sent out surveys to their employees

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,413 Founders Club
The survey asked that if the Amazon headquarters were to move to a Seattle suburb, where would the employees prefer to go?

Per Dori Monson.

Comments

• MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    I hear Port Orchard provides lovely tax incentives
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    Miles City, Montana

Miles City, Montana

This.

Though Oracle is already pissing off enough Bozemanites. My Uber driver with several visible rifles in the back of his truck didn’t care for what the city had become.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    FREE PUB!!?!@ - Tacoma
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

The survey asked that if the Amazon headquarters were to move to a Seattle suburb, where would the employees prefer to go?

Per Dori Monson.

Not quite. They asked if they were to open additional satellite offices in the region which suburb they would prefer. Options were Bothell/Woodinville, Redmond, Renton, Issaquah, and Tacoma. If they end up moving their HQ within the region it will be to Bellevue.
    Swaye said:

If they were smart they would leave the country.

#centrism.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    This is not new. They did this when I worked there back in 2005 or 2006.
    But it is interesting as they invested a ton of money in Seattle. I hope they leave and give Seattle what it deserves.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,208 Swaye's Wigwam

Per Dori Monson.

Not quite. They asked if they were to open additional satellite offices in the region which suburb they would prefer. Options were Bothell/Woodinville, Redmond, Renton, Issaquah, and Tacoma. If they end up moving their HQ within the region it will be to Bellevue.
    Slow bleed out of Seattle headquarters. Redmond is a good option from a tax perspective. They have a small headcount tax that replaces B&O, not in addition to. I worked for a company that had separate rate manufacturing and commercial entities both based in Bellevue. We moved to Redmond and the difference in B&O/headcount tax was very materially lower.

Redmond bends over backwards for business and citizens unless you are Blazing Bagels.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Bob_C said:

Per Dori Monson.

Slow bleed out of Seattle headquarters. Redmond is a good option from a tax perspective. They have a small headcount tax that replaces B&O, not in addition to. I worked for a company that had separate rate manufacturing and commercial entities both based in Bellevue. We moved to Redmond and the difference in B&O/headcount tax was very materially lower.

Redmond bends over backwards for business and citizens unless you are Blazing Bagels.
    I'm curious about this blazing bagels story.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,413 Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

I voted for Maltby.

Amazon, not Orkin
    Voter fraud is REAL

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,208 Swaye's Wigwam

Bob_C said:

Per Dori Monson.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattlepi.com/business/amp/Blazing-Bagels-Ban-is-lifted-on-portable-signs-1135091.php
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Per Dori Monson.

https://www.geekwire.com/2020/real-hq2-amazon-add-another-10000-jobs-bellevue-wash-nearby-downtown-seattle-hq/
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,566 Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

Per Dori Monson.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattlepi.com/business/amp/Blazing-Bagels-Ban-is-lifted-on-portable-signs-1135091.php
    First they came for Blazing Bagels and I said nothing...