Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Intel what to do

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
edited May 2022 in Tug Tavern
First stock I ever bought back in 95. Today the yearly dividend is 25% of what I put in (If you youngsters take just one piece of advise from the bull it's this: Reinvest the dividens. Check the box when you buy it as an option. Best thing you can ever do)

Main competition is coming from AMD (which joking people used to say Intel let it stay in business just enough so they weren't a monopoly) which has went from $2 at it's low to 80 and Nvidia. Apple appears to want to get in the game and make their chips in house as well

Intel has fallen into the corp. trap of hiring CFO's which especially in tech stands 4 company fucked off and this current one has 9 more months before he will be replaced b/c of ineffectiveness.

Has traded as high as 69 last 18 months and low of 4. Bought the last batch at 50 as a trade with target of 60 in next 12-18 months. Throw in 3% dividend and overall return of 25%

Has ship sailed on them, and they just don't know it/what to do about it or can they turn it around again?

Thoughts?

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited August 2020
    godawgst said:

First stock I ever bought back in 95. Today the yearly dividend is 25% of what I put in (If you youngsters take just one piece of advise from the bull it's this: Reinvest the dividens. Check the box when you buy it as an option. Best thing you can ever do)

Main competition is coming from AMD (which joking people used to say Intel let it stay in business just enough so they weren't a monopoly) which has went from $2 at it's low to 80 and Nvidia. Apple appears to want to get in the game and make their chips in house as well

Intel has fallen into the corp. trap of hiring CFO's which especially in tech stands 4 company fucked off and this current one has 9 more months before he will be replaced b/c of ineffectiveness.

Has traded as high as 69 last 18 months and low of 4. Bought the last batch at 50 as a trade with target of 60 in next 12-18 months. Throw in 3% dividend and overall return of 25%

Has ship sailed on them, and they just don't know it/what to do about it or can they turn it around again?

Thoughts?

Keep if you own in taxable account. However, Apple quit using their chips. That's concerning
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,405
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Same question with Cisco. Bought at market low of 34 got to 48 before suboptimal earnings report Wednesday.

Fell back to 42. Dividend and balance sheet better than Intel, but are they being left in the dust?

Also keep bringing on CFO's as their CEO's and for companies of that size you can find 100 guys who can financially manuever the company all the way to irrelevant (hi Meg Whitman at HP) and at each step it appears to be the right decision.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    godawgst said:

Same question with Cisco. Bought at market low of 34 got to 48 before suboptimal earnings report Wednesday.

Fell back to 42. Dividend and balance sheet better than Intel, but are they being left in the dust?

Are they? Who’s the competition?
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,982
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I expect Intel’s GPU foray into GPUs to be a losing proposition at least until the second or third gen if they stick with it. AMD’s 7 nm process is just crushing Intel right now.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

godawgst said:

Are they? Who’s the competition?
    Juniper? That's the question I have as well. Aruba, Huawei, VMWare all are players, but it is and has been Cisco's to lose for 20 years.

Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

I expect Intel’s GPU foray into GPUs to be a losing proposition at least until the second or third gen if they stick with it. AMD’s 7 nm process is just crushing Intel right now.

Main reason Intel went from 58-50 was they can't get their 7nm chip off the ground, to the point they are thinking about farming production out which would be a first.

I know why Intel is getting it's ass kicked and who's doing it. I don't with Cisco
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Intel is a faggot because they intentionally stopped innovating thinking they had the monopoly. Lo and behold someone came and kicked their ass.

My beastly PC is all amd