Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pac-12 Network Interviews at spring "game"

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I just went to the pac-12 network page, and watched a series of interviews with Sark, current players, former players, and one little kid.

So, apparently this "game" had wiener dog races, fans calling plays, alums engaged in passing and kicking competitions, and lively tunes by the marching band. The only things missing were a magic show and balloon sculpturing. Somewhere in between all of this there was some kind of scrimmage.

I'm not sure this gives me tremendous confidence that these guys are tough enough and serious enough to win the conference, but at least everyone had fun.

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    in other words, Picture Day has replaced the Spring Game. Was Woody there telling everyone how we're doing it the right way?
  • Options
    DisplacedDawgDisplacedDawg Member Posts: 42
    Photogenic First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Well, people have been saying for some time that this year's spring game would be special. Perhaps this is what they meant.

Seriously, though, I wasnt there, but looking at the stats and Condotta's recap, doesn't sound like Price had a very good outing, which is a bit concerning given he had 15 practices against this defense and reports have made it seem like he has taken command of the position again. Hopefully he isn't just a "practice" player.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,005
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was down by the stadium yesterday and went in to watch some of the spring game. It turned into a fucking joke. In addition to the crap mentioned above, 2 UW golfers came out and had some competition. The QB competition was to see who could hit the cross bar of the goal posts from 40 yards out. I left when they lined up the golfers.

Fuck Sark. Fuck Woody. Fuck anyone involved in that joke of a football practice.

7-6 in 2013 will be special.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2013
    I can't see any coach worth a damn making a spring game into a fucking carnival. It gets old critiquing everything, but Sark, Woody, and the rest of the gang make it pretty easy.

A team that already lacks discipline and toughness participating in a carnival where the Spring Scrimmage is part of a number of activities. Seems like a great idea... Not
  • Options
    edited April 2013

I was down by the stadium yesterday and went in to watch some of the spring game. It turned into a fucking joke. In addition to the crap mentioned above, 2 UW golfers came out and had some competition. The QB competition was to see who could hit the cross bar of the goal posts from 40 yards out. I left when they lined up the golfers.

Fuck Sark. Fuck Woody. Fuck anyone involved in that joke of a football practice.

willingham made it easy to fire him because he was an asshole. Sark is too smart for that. He realizes that being "a cool and fun guy" can buy you a couple extra years of employment. Adding to his longevity is that he helped open wallets for the stadium.

Forget that we can't recruit a stellar offensive lineman, or that our team can't play consistently from one week to the next.

The coach is fun to have a beer with, and that is apparently what matters.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

willingham made it easy to fire him because he was an asshole. Sark is too smart for that. He realizes that being "a cool and fun guy" can buy you a couple extra years of employment. Adding to his longevity is that he helped open wallets for the stadium.

Forget that we can't recruit a stellar offensive lineman, or that our team can't play consistently from one week to the next.

It's amazing so many people care about what kind of personality the coach has. Saban is a dick, same with Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly.. Hell, Don James was not Mr. Personality himself. The only thing that matters is winning games. Who gives a shit if the coach is a guy you would want to hang out with? Unless you are Fleenor or some other groupie douchebag, why does it matter?

BTW, who was the Spring Game fun for? An 8 year old kid? Is that who Sark and Woody are trying to impress and entertain?

• Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Calling Fleenor a groupie is blatant disrespect to groupies. Fleens is beyond that.

Fleenor hated Sark until Sark gave him the time of day. Fleenor was skeptical about Willingham until Willingham played golf with him.

Groupies are more consistent than old Coachnews ever was.

Fleenor doesn't give two shits about the football program. He only cares about his access to the program. It's been well documented in HHB podcasts (huh?) and at HHBv1 (RIP).
  • Options
    WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2013
    Glad I didn't go since there weren't any face painting booths.

Throw up your "dubs"
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Passion said:

It's amazing so many people care about what kind of personality the coach has. Saban is a dick, same with Urban Meyer, Chip Kelly.. Hell, Don James was not Mr. Personality himself. The only thing that matters is winning games. Who gives a shit if the coach is a guy you would want to hang out with? Unless you are Fleenor or some other groupie douchebag, why does it matter?

BTW, who was the Spring Game fun for? An 8 year old kid?
    Is that who Sark and Woody are trying to impress and entertain?
    Don't think age, think mental acuity. Corky's going full retard.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Calling Fleenor a groupie is blatant disrespect to groupies. Fleens is beyond that.

Fleenor hated Sark until Sark gave him the time of day. Race was skeptical about Willingham until Willingham shook hands with him.

Groupies are more consistent than old Coachnews ever was.

Fleenor doesn't give two shits about the football program. He only cares about his access to the program. It's been well documented in HHB podcasts (huh?) and at HHBv1 (RIP).

The persuasive powers of HWSNTBN were powerful at one time.

Of course, we only started hating Ty when Kim told us too.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    This just in, the name of next year's Spring "Game" has officially been changed to the Spring 2014 Circle Jerk to match the events on the field.
  • Options
    ACSlaterDawgACSlaterDawg Member Posts: 200
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    It was a fucking carnival.

Hugh Millen will suck Sark's dong and not blame him for anything because Sark let him be part of the QB competition.

• Options
    Passion said:

I just went to the pac-12 network page, and watched a series of interviews with Sark, current players, former players, and one little kid.

So, apparently this "game" had wiener dog races, fans calling plays, alums engaged in passing and kicking competitions, and lively tunes by the marching band. The only things missing were a magic show and balloon sculpturing. Somewhere in between all of this there was some kind of scrimmage.

I'm not sure this gives me tremendous confidence that these guys are tough enough and serious enough to win the conference, but at least everyone had fun.

Passion, at least the little kid said Shaq was his favorite player.
  • Options

Passion said:

True, although my concern is that after 4 years of fun and games, Shaq may lose his ferocity and decide to pursue a career as a hair stylist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hugh Millen will suck Sark's dong and not blame him for anything because Sark let him be part of the QB competition.

So pathetic that this is probably true. Fuck dawgman and every one of the honks. They are part of the reason everyone accepts this bullshit they call a football program.

• Options
    blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Hugh is too busy lobbying for uw to adapt Baaden balls over Nike...
  • Options
    Passion said:

Passion said:

True, although my concern is that after 4 years of fun and games, Shaq may lose his ferocity and decide to pursue a career in baseball.