Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Did this Whitlock column get posted here?

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Young people of all ethnicities struggle with their identities. American cultural norms make these struggles even more acute for mixed-race individuals.

We shouldn’t be surprised that Bubba, Kap, Jussie, Chuba, Jesse and others look for public opportunities to defiantly affirm their black identity by lashing out at the white society they might justifiably feel rejected them.

Kap took a knee. Bubba leaned into a noose on a garage pull rope. Chuba called out his head coach over a T-shirt. Jussie claimed white bandits tried to lynch him in Chicago. With his white mom seated in the audience, Jesse excoriated white America over police brutality at the BET Awards.

All of these acts were celebrated over social media and these men received a level of affirmation and respect from the black community that surely momentarily assuaged painful feelings of white rejection.

That’s why I call much of what we’ve seen as it relates to “social justice” over the past decade the Civil Feelings Movement. There’s no fight for rights. It’s a group of millennials publicly sorting out their feelings and looking for the approval of white society.

https://www.outkick.com/mixed-messages-on-race-increasing-polarization/

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,896
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Not sure how Kap felt rejected by white society. Was a big man on campus at Nevada and then got to play QB in the NFL in the Super Bowl. His girlfriend is Middle Eastern and hence Caucasian. He got let go from the NFL because he let his skills slacken and because he was a huge distraction. Basically same story with Tim Tebow. Not sure how barry felt rejected by white society either. He seemed to want to have the same black street cred that Kap wanted. Sad that pushing lies and supporting thugs seems to be a necessary part of black street cred. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

Not sure how Kap felt rejected by white society. Was a big man on campus at Nevada and then got to play QB in the NFL in the Super Bowl. His girlfriend is Middle Eastern and hence Caucasian. He got let go from the NFL because he let his skills slacken and because he was a huge distraction. Basically same story with Tim Tebow. Not sure how barry felt rejected by white society either. He seemed to want to have the same black street cred that Kap wanted. Sad that pushing lies and supporting thugs seems to be a necessary part of black street cred. When you need to lie to make your point, maybe you don't have a point.

I think more than anything both Kap and Obama felt rejected by black society thus the need to become more militant than thou. Buddy of mine is black his wife is "black" but seriously you'd never know it by looking at her. Of course she is the one who is more militant and down with the struggle and the one who is always "seeing" racism around every corner.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    I think it’s appalling how those of mixed race/heritage have been treated throughout history and all over the world.

That it my mind is one of the things that should be addressed more in the discussions about race. No one should have to feel like they’re “less than” in their own communities because they aren’t Black/White/Hispanic/Asian/whatever “enough”. It makes me sad how so many feel they need to reject one half of themselves in an effort to gain acceptance of the other.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    I posted another one re Patterson