Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NYAG Seeks to Dissolve Major Civil Rights Organization

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The NRA is a New York corporation. You gals don’t seem to know much about the role of state attorneys general.
    Sledog said:

They could probably use some donations.

To anybody paying attention, this is one of your best ever unintentionally funny statements.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

The NRA is a New York corporation. You gals don’t seem to know much about the role of state attorneys general.

So?

HHusky said:

So?
    So Daddy shut down his phony NY charity in order to resolve the NY AG’s claims just two years ago. This would have been a memorable event in the history of most Presidencies.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

To anybody paying attention, this is one of your best ever unintentionally funny statements.
    Not funny. You're funny.

They'll need money for legal fees with this attack by a commie controlled lawyer. Being a shitbag lawyer she has no morals or restraint. This is political and it's hilarious you hadn't rad her prior statements wishing destroy the NRA.

You know all about shitbags.
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

They'll need money for legal fees with this attack by a commie controlled lawyer. Being a shitbag lawyer she has no morals or restraint. This is political and it's hilarious you hadn't rad her prior statements wishing destroy the NRA.

Madam, the whole affair is based upon the NRA being a piggy bank for its top execs. By all means, you should contribute to Wayne LaPiere’s vacation fund.
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

Madam, the whole affair is based upon the NRA being a piggy bank for its top execs. By all means, you should contribute to Wayne LaPiere’s vacation fund.
    Shouldn't she be suing Omar? She's paid hubby 1.6 million. Oh Omar's a dem so no.
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

Shouldn't she be suing Omar? She's paid hubby 1.6 million. Oh Omar's a dem so no.
    So you’re out of ideas.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

So, Larry Scott is next?
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

So you’re out of ideas.
    Don't need any. Political hack trying to bleed money via government overreach.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Life member. It's not perfect but it's what we have and they have been the most effective.

I don't see why she wouldn't be suing the senate and house. Talk about enriching themselves.

I am a life member as well. Have pretty much stopped donating. The NRA still does some great things, but the GOA is more responsive to member feedback and has a lot less "baggage."
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

What a steaming pile of bullshit you are spewing. The idiot AG in NY (and she is an idiot if you have ever heard her speak) is trying to eradicate the NRA. If she has problems with individuals/leadership she should be focused on that but in her own words she is going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That makes this 100% political. Just stop the lying HH.

If she was a serious prosecutor she would be going after the NY unions who are as corrupt as hell and have wasted trillions of tax payer dollars over the ages.

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

What a steaming pile of bullshit you are spewing. The idiot AG in NY (and she is an idiot if you have ever heard her speak) is trying to eradicate the NRA. If she has problems with individuals/leadership she should be focused on that but in her own words she is going to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That makes this 100% political. Just stop the lying HH.

If she was a serious prosecutor she would be going after the NY unions who are as corrupt as hell and have wasted trillions of tax payer dollars over the ages.
    Whatabout the unions!?!

Fabulous contribution, as always, Atl.
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

So you’re out of ideas.
    Don't need any. Political hack trying to bleed money via government overreach.
    Swaye said:

Sledog said:

Life member. It's not perfect but it's what we have and they have been the most effective.

I don't see why she wouldn't be suing the senate and house. Talk about enriching themselves.

I am a life member as well. Have pretty much stopped donating. The NRA still does some great things, but the GOA is more responsive to member feedback and has a lot less "baggage."
    I know there are problems but until I see the squad etc. complain about GOA I know who's the most effective. It's the millions of members and their votes that really matter. I agree the NRA needs to straighten some shit out! I think that's going on as we speak.
    Michael Bane:

About the NRA...

-- I support the NRA. i have supported the NRA my entire life and I will not stop now.

-- Wayne LaPierre is not the NRA. I made it clear a couple of years ago that I thought Wayne needed to resign with honor for the good of the organization. Wayne was a hero, a warrior for the 2A. But his time has past.

-- I understand fighting; I understand not caving under pressure. But intransigence is a horrible flaw I see in myself, and I know what it looks like. There is a point where hubris is utterly self-destructive, where you lose even if you "win."

-- WE ARE AT WAR. The AG of New York is a blood enemy, a person who seeks the destruction of the gun culture, and a great way to start is by destroying our primary lobbying organization.

-- As near as I can tell the entire state government of New York is a bunch of $20 whores trying to out-blow each other. There's not a damn one of them that is not as crooked as hell, and we would do well to remember that.

-- The goal is to strip the NRA of funds and give those funds to our enemies...think about that.

-- All the other gun organizations -- that I do indeed support -- do not have 1/100th of the NRA's sway. That is just the truth. I have no doubt that should the NRA disappear, WE won't disappear, and another organization will rise. But that takes time, and time is the one thing we do not have.

-- I do not agree with every decision the NRA has made, but I do understand that sometimes there are HARD F#%KING DECISIONS that have to be made. Decisions where much of what is going on is under the surface. I have in my time as an activist been involved in similar decisions, and I hated every moment of it. But let me say this again...WE ARE AT WAR, and we stand to lose everything if we fail.

-- The NRA Board of Directors have failed in their fiduciary and oversight responsibilities. Many of those BoD members are my friends, and it pains me to say that. It is nothing I haven't said privately as well. Nonetheless, this is not sufficient reason to burn down the house.

-- Our enemies are celebrating this...what does that tell you?

-- I unconditionally agree with and support the NRA's decision to support Trump early on, and I agree with them going all-in with Trump for this election.

-- NRA membership has been, I am told, is booming, and the organization is uniquitely situated to help and support the flood of new shooters.

This is from NSSF, our industry's trade association, today, and I'll leave you with it:

"NSSF, the trade association for the firearm industry, is troubled by the politically-driven decision of New York Attorney General Letitia James to seek to dissolve the National Rifle Association, America’s oldest civil rights organization. The lawsuit filed today by Attorney General James seeks to punish the over five million members of the National Rifle Association based on mere allegations of possible wrongdoing by a few individuals.

NSSF is deeply concerned about the apparent political agenda to silence the strongest voice in support of the Second Amendment ahead of the election in November.

This lawsuit, and one filed today by the District of Columbia Attorney General, should concern all Americans who cherish both the First and Second Amendments to our Constitution regardless of their views on what laws and regulations are appropriate to address the criminal misuse of firearms."
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    - As near as I can tell the entire state government of New York is a bunch of $20 whores trying to out-blow each other. There's not a damn one of them that is not as crooked as hell, and we would do well to remember that.

Fact Check: Mostly true
    Sledog said:

Michael Bane:

About the NRA...

-- I support the NRA. i have supported the NRA my entire life and I will not stop now.

-- Wayne LaPierre is not the NRA. I made it clear a couple of years ago that I thought Wayne needed to resign with honor for the good of the organization. Wayne was a hero, a warrior for the 2A. But his time has past.

-- I understand fighting; I understand not caving under pressure. But intransigence is a horrible flaw I see in myself, and I know what it looks like. There is a point where hubris is utterly self-destructive, where you lose even if you "win."

-- WE ARE AT WAR. The AG of New York is a blood enemy, a person who seeks the destruction of the gun culture, and a great way to start is by destroying our primary lobbying organization.

-- As near as I can tell the entire state government of New York is a bunch of $20 whores trying to out-blow each other. There's not a damn one of them that is not as crooked as hell, and we would do well to remember that.

-- The goal is to strip the NRA of funds and give those funds to our enemies...think about that.

-- All the other gun organizations -- that I do indeed support -- do not have 1/100th of the NRA's sway. That is just the truth. I have no doubt that should the NRA disappear, WE won't disappear, and another organization will rise. But that takes time, and time is the one thing we do not have.

-- I do not agree with every decision the NRA has made, but I do understand that sometimes there are HARD F#%KING DECISIONS that have to be made. Decisions where much of what is going on is under the surface. I have in my time as an activist been involved in similar decisions, and I hated every moment of it. But let me say this again...WE ARE AT WAR, and we stand to lose everything if we fail.

-- The NRA Board of Directors have failed in their fiduciary and oversight responsibilities. Many of those BoD members are my friends, and it pains me to say that. It is nothing I haven't said privately as well. Nonetheless, this is not sufficient reason to burn down the house.

-- I unconditionally agree with and support the NRA's decision to support Trump early on, and I agree with them going all-in with Trump for this election.

-- NRA membership has been, I am told, is booming, and the organization is uniquitely situated to help and support the flood of new shooters.

This is from NSSF, our industry's trade association, today, and I'll leave you with it:

"NSSF, the trade association for the firearm industry, is troubled by the politically-driven decision of New York Attorney General Letitia James to seek to dissolve the National Rifle Association, America’s oldest civil rights organization. The lawsuit filed today by Attorney General James seeks to punish the over five million members of the National Rifle Association based on mere allegations of possible wrongdoing by a few individuals.

NSSF is deeply concerned about the apparent political agenda to silence the strongest voice in support of the Second Amendment ahead of the election in November.

This lawsuit, and one filed today by the District of Columbia Attorney General, should concern all Americans who cherish both the First and Second Amendments to our Constitution regardless of their views on what laws and regulations are appropriate to address the criminal misuse of firearms."

So the entire structure has dry rot, but it pains the writer to tear it down. Sad!

https://ag.ny.gov/sites/default/files/final_nra_summons_complaint_08.06.20.pdf
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Michael Bane:

About the NRA...

So the entire structure has dry rot, but it pains the writer to tear it down. Sad!

Briefly looked at the complaint. There is no there there. She doesn't like Wayne's contract. Doesn't like his travel or use of a yacht for free. I don't like his expenditures either but it's hardly a matter for an AG it's a matter for the board of directors that are elected by the members.

Maybe she should look at the Haiti donations to the Clinton foundation.

Maybe you should sue your law school. Is Cracker Jacks still in business?
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Michael Bane:

About the NRA...

Briefly looked at the complaint. There is no there there. She doesn't like Wayne's contract. Doesn't like his travel or use of a yacht for free. I don't like his expenditures either but it's hardly a matter for an AG it's a matter for the board of directors that are elected by the members.

Maybe she should look at the Haiti donations to the Clinton foundation.

Maybe you should sue your law school. Is Cracker Jacks still in business?
    You briefly read the 160+ pages. Lots there besides Wayne.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

Not funny. You're funny.

Whatabout the unions!?!

Fabulous contribution, as always, Atl.
    I think we all know NY is a cesspool of corruption. Been that way for 150 years. Unions have raped the American taxpayer, politicians have raped the tax payer, Wall Street, the port authority and their corruption.

But the big bad NRA needs to be brought down. Of all things the idiot picks the NRA and all you can do is call out my comment on unions?