Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This Day in Music August 3

1926 - Tony Bennett
Tony Bennett, American singer, (1955 UK No.1 single 'Stranger In Paradise'1965 UK No.25 single 'I Left My Heart In San Francisco').

1963 - James Hetfield
James Hetfield, guitar, vocals, Metallica, (1991 UK No.5 single 'Enter Sandman', 1991 US & UK No.1 album 'Metallica').

1971 - Deirdre Roper
Deirdre Roper, (DJ Spinderella), from American hip-hop/rap trio from New York City Salt-N-Pepa who had the 1991 hit single 'Let's Talk About Sex'.

1968 - Doors
The Doors started a two week run at No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Hello I Love You', the group's second US No.1. 'Hello I Love You', was also in the Top 5 at the same time as Jose Feliciano's version of 'Light My Fire', giving The Doors two songs, written by the group, simultaneously in the Top 5.

1969 - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Creedence Clearwater Revival released their third studio album and first US No.1 Green River. It was the second of three albums they released in this year, the first one being Bayou Country and the third Willy and the Poor Boys. The album featured the title track and 'Bad Moon Rising' both of which were major hits in the US.

1971 - Paul McCartney
Paul McCartney announced the formation of his new group Wings with his wife Linda and former Moody Blues guitarist and singer Denny Laine.

1973 - Stevie Wonder
Stevie Wonder released his 16th studio album Innervisions. Wonder played all or virtually all instruments on six of the album's nine tracks, singles from the album were, 'Higher Ground' and 'Living for the City' and 'He's Misstra Know-It-All'.

1985 - Madonna
Madonna scored her first UK No.1 single with 'Into The Groove'. The track was taken from the movie 'Desperately Seeking Susan' which featured Madonna and Rosanna Arquette. 'Into The Groove' is Madonna's best selling single in the UK, having sold over 850,000 copies.

1987 - Def Leppard
Def Leppard released their fourth studio album Hysteria which became their best selling album to date, selling over 20 million copies worldwide. The title of the album was thought up by drummer Rick Allen relating to his experiences during the time of his car accident, and the worldwide media coverage that followed.

1991 - Metallica
Metallica held a playback party to launch their self-titled album at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic from Nirvana both attended.

2008 - Kid Rock
Kid Rock was at No.1 on the UK singles chart with 'All Summer Long'. The song is based on Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves of London' and Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'Sweet Home Alabama'.

Comments