Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fight racial injustice.... in college sports.... L-O-F-L

2»

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Postal91 said:

HOLY FREAKING SHEET.... I'm rolling;

As a Pac-12 athlete on the track/xc team at Cal Berkeley, I’m proud to be a member of the college athlete community — though these injustices must be addressed with systemic reform that benefit all athletes. Until then, I’m opting out of the fall season ✊🏼 #WeAreUnited

https://twitter.com/RunAndrewCooper/status/1289935253469974534

Cal’s athletic department barely hangs on financially as it is. Is this guy who runs on trails as his skill on any sort of athletic scholarship? What a waste of money, if so.
  • Options
    Postal91Postal91 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,731
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Postal91 said:

As a Pac-12 athlete on the track/xc team at Cal Berkeley, I’m proud to be a member of the college athlete community — though these injustices must be addressed with systemic reform that benefit all athletes. Until then, I’m opting out of the fall season ✊🏼 #WeAreUnited

Cal’s athletic department barely hangs on financially as it is. Is this guy who runs on trails as his skill on any sort of athletic scholarship? What a waste of money, if so.
    I really think he should be the change and give his scholarship to someone that is less fortunate and a person of color. Why take their spot?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Postal91 said:

Postal91 said:

I really think he should be the change and give his scholarship to someone that is less fortunate and a person of color. Why take their spot?
    I can’t tell if this Cooper guy is on scholarship but I did find out he’s a WSU graduate from Issaquah who is in Grad school at Cal and took 65th in the Pac12 XC championship last year. Basically a rich white kid walk-on looking for attention.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I like to pick a school based on lavish facilities and use them to train for a career then demand that they be abolished

I laughed when I read that demand ... if I was a negotiator in this I'd have no problem calling out hypocritical bullshit on that one.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    6. Due process rights

Agree with this one. Students being booted from schools and scholarships by a student board based on the claims of some SJW co-ed is just wrong. It’s part of the deal, though. So, reconsidered, fuck off.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thought this was relevant even if a few months ago. Those poor sportsball slaves choosing to take full-ride scholarships to play Sports Ball. Blazers are on now and we’re? all at the driving range as a family.

Normally watching Lillard would be my afternoon. This Wazzu clown is pushing me further away.

Coug It!

• Options
    edited August 2020
    At this point, I’m strongly considering a refund on my two Ducks tickets, as is being offered. DAF money is lost, but I’ll give up my seats for any suckers who want to take them over. What’s the point if these spoiled kids don’t realize the opportunity they are being given to play a sport and get an education? They even get tutors for free.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020

Thought this was relevant even if a few months ago. Those poor sportsball slaves choosing to take full-ride scholarships to play Sports Ball. Blazers are on now and we’re? all at the driving range as a family.

Normally watching Lillard would be my afternoon. This Wazzu clown is pushing me further away.

Coug It!

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,537
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports.

So only pay athletes in money making sports? The others will take the negative revenues and add it to their yearly costs?
    Or do they want the total revenues divided equally to each sport?
    Or am I stupid and don't know how to interpret what I read? (if this was a pole I select this one)
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

At this point, I’m strongly considering a refund on my two Ducks tickets, as is being offered. DAF money is lost, but I’ll give up my seats for any suckers who want to take them over. What’s the point if these spoiled kids don’t realize the opportunity they are being given to play a sport and get an education? They even get tutors for free.

Very convenient for the four Duck players that are the face of the movement . Two are seniors and the other two (juniors) will go out after this year. Foregoing this season won’t hurt them at all. Penei Sewell will be a very high first round draft pick.

If they persist and the season is cancelled, they better hope the other conferences (SEC, Big 10, ACC et al) follow suit.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,691
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Players make the roster in exact percentages of the population. Football will be keystone cops good.