Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Get Woke, Go Broke

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-e-has-lost-half-its-viewers-since-dropping-live-pd-11595588402

A&E Has Lost Half Its Viewers Since Dropping ‘Live PD’
Network’s prime-time viewership was up 4% this year before it canceled its hit police reality show, Nielsen data show

Ratings for A&E Network have plummeted since it canceled the hit police reality show “Live PD” on June 10, a sign of how much the network relies on law-enforcement programming.

Average prime-time viewership for A&E between June 11 and July 19 was 498,000 people, down 49% from the same period last year, according to data from Nielsen. In the key demographics of adults 18-49 and 25-54, the declines are 55% and 53%, respectively.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,587 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    Good.

Fuck stain corporations who knee-jerked to this bullshit should be punished by the invisible hand of capitalism.

Law of unintended consequence always wins.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-e-has-lost-half-its-viewers-since-dropping-live-pd-11595588402

Network’s prime-time viewership was up 4% this year before it canceled its hit police reality show, Nielsen data show

Ratings for A&E Network have plummeted since it canceled the hit police reality show “Live PD” on June 10, a sign of how much the network relies on law-enforcement programming.

Average prime-time viewership for A&E between June 11 and July 19 was 498,000 people, down 49% from the same period last year, according to data from Nielsen. In the key demographics of adults 18-49 and 25-54, the declines are 55% and 53%, respectively.

Illegal to show crime and it's consequences. Racist actually. Seems some have a greater proclivity to cookout crime and the public shouldn't see that.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Never heard of it.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    Sledog said:

Illegal to show crime and it's consequences. Racist actually. Seems some have a greater proclivity to cookout crime and the public shouldn't see that.
    Their problem was with showing the reality of who it is that's committing most of the violent crime in this country. Those shows especially if they were in any urban area showed black/brown perps and black or brown victims. That reality is bad for the narrative.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,138 Standard Supporter
    Just listen to a police scanner. Those victims give descriptions of the suspects. Damn racists!
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    I’m old enough to remember when A&E was originally “Arts & Entertainment”. We didn’t have much in the way of plays, musicals, dance, etc. in my hometown so that was how I was originally introduced to opera and other fine arts. I loved binge watching episodes of “Biography”.

But I guess that was too elitist and boring for people and the network shifted its focus to reality programming and Law & Order marathons.

I miss the old format.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

I’m old enough to remember when A&E was originally “Arts & Entertainment”. We didn’t have much in the way of plays, musicals, dance, etc. in my hometown so that was how I was originally introduced to opera and other fine arts. I loved binge watching episodes of “Biography”.

But I guess that was too elitist and boring for people and the network shifted its focus to reality programming and Law & Order marathons.

I miss the old format.

Also a shitload of low rent WW2 docs, yes?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter

I miss the old format.

I thought the WW2 stuff was on History channel which now does not have any history shows. Strange
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

I miss the old format.

I thought the WW2 stuff was on History channel which now does not have any history shows. Strange
    YES! I really miss the old History Channel format. Now it’s just “Ancient Aliens” and “Pawn Stars” bullshit.

That being said, I love “Vikings”, which I’m currently rewatching.

SHIELD WALL!!!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    Wood the blonde - well a couple of them

Edit: they did a great series on Saddam Whoisnotsane - how he got to power and how screwed up the Middle East is. 3 parter and I can not find it anywhere.

That show probably got SJWed to the archives