Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So woke they are no longer woke?

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
edited July 2020 in Tug Tavern
https://thefederalist.com/2020/07/22/black-portland-police-officer-black-lives-matter-is-white-people-telling-black-people-what-to-do/

It isn’t Jackson’s superiors who demand he not speak, it’s the young white protestors — nearly every night. Jackson explains that when “a brother or sister” approaches him, wanting his perspective on things, white protesters jump in like clockwork to tell the inquirer, “F-ck the police. Don’t talk to him.”

“That was the most bizarre thing,” Jackson says, wincing as he tells the story. “Honestly, every time I try to have a conversation with someone that looks like me, someone white comes up and blocks them and tells them not to talk.” Jackson says the very moment he was explaining this to a young black female, “this white girl pops right in front of her” and told her not to speak.

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,999 Founders Club

One of my earliest formative experiences with activists:

My sophomore year at UW I went to check in on a friend as her grandmother was very sick. I arrived at her place and her super liberal roommates (both white women) were having some sort of political meeting with a few other people. I took a seat and waited for my friend.

My friend walks through the door, eyes red and tears running down her face. “My grandma just died,” she sobs. “Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry,” I reply.

“UM, EXCUSE ME!” Roommate #1 blurts out, “could you two take this outside? We’re having a meeting.”

“Um, excuse you, her grandmother just died” I shot back.

“And that’s sad,” Roommate #2 chimes in, “but we’re trying to impact change in communities...“

I don’t remember the rest of what was said, I just took my friend over to my place.

I share this story as it instilled in me a deep distrust and skepticism of any hardcore social justice crusaders. For a lot of these people, the protesting is a selfish bid for attention, to hell with the thoughts or feelings of those around them. So it doesn’t surprise me how tone deaf some of these white chicks are.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t say there a lot of activists that are wonderful people. They generally aren’t the one protesting. They do the real social work of volunteering in clinics/schools, doing pro bono work, etc. week after week.

And they sure as hell would never tell a black police officer what to do.

So. Fucking. This.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

One of my earliest formative experiences with activists:

My sophomore year at UW I went to check in on a friend as her grandmother was very sick. I arrived at her place and her super liberal roommates (both white women) were having some sort of political meeting with a few other people. I took a seat and waited for my friend.

My friend walks through the door, eyes red and tears running down her face. “My grandma just died,” she sobs. “Oh sweetie, I’m so sorry,” I reply.

“UM, EXCUSE ME!” Roommate #1 blurts out, “could you two take this outside? We’re having a meeting.”

“Um, excuse you, her grandmother just died” I shot back.

“And that’s sad,” Roommate #2 chimes in, “but we’re trying to impact change in communities...“

I don’t remember the rest of what was said, I just took my friend over to my place.

I share this story as it instilled in me a deep distrust and skepticism of any hardcore social justice crusaders. For a lot of these people, the protesting is a selfish bid for attention, to hell with the thoughts or feelings of those around them. So it doesn’t surprise me how tone deaf some of these white chicks are.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t say there a lot of activists that are wonderful people. They generally aren’t the one protesting. They do the real social work of volunteering in clinics/schools, doing pro bono work, etc. week after week.

And they sure as hell would never tell a black police officer what to do.

This is why I love this girl. And have the arrest record to prove it.