Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I get letters

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,977 Founders Club
Dear Families:

At Seattle Public Schools, science and data continue to ground our response to COVID-19. We have been monitoring reports of increased COVID-19 cases in our community and are in close communication with Public Health Seattle & King County, OSPI, the Governor’s office, and neighboring school districts. We can’t imagine a way to open schools without the risk of significant transmission of COVID-19 based on the current trajectory of infections in King County. Superintendent Juneau is recommending to the school board that Seattle Public Schools start the 2020-21 school year remotely.

We will follow the remote instruction model until the risk of significant transmission of COVID-19 has decreased enough to resume in-person instruction. The School Board will vote on the Superintendent's recommendation and an associated plan for fall 2020 on August 12.

Comments

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,096 Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm going to enjoy the outrage at Trump when my teacher friends start getting their pink slips online soon.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    Science and data left the building a long time ago
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Leftards just assume an unlimited supply of other people's money. Government workers will not be spared forever. In other news, gold is up another $22 an ounce and silver is going through the roof.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited July 2020
    Furlough teachers, give vouchers for school choice. But they won’t do that. Because they hate kids. Especially poor ones.

Expect tee times to be scarce at your local course. Teachers love their golf.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Alexis said:

I'm going to enjoy the outrage at Trump when my teacher friends start getting their pink slips online soon.

Prayingdog.gif

Just when the $600 unemployment bonus runs out too...darn.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,527 Founders Club
    Schools reopen the Monday after the erection
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,224 Swaye's Wigwam
    “We will follow the remote instruction model until the risk of significant transmission of COVID-19 has decreased enough to resume in-person instruction. The School Board will vote on the Superintendent's recommendation and an associated plan for fall 2020 on August 12.”

Gives us a number of what a decreased enough transmission rate looks like. Won’t happen. Burden of proof should be 100% on those dictating the change from normal behavior. That’s the biggest miss in the whole virus bullshit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,519 Founders Club
    Bob_C said:

“We will follow the remote instruction model until the risk of significant transmission of COVID-19 has decreased enough to resume in-person instruction. The School Board will vote on the Superintendent's recommendation and an associated plan for fall 2020 on August 12.”

Gives us a number of what a decreased enough transmission rate looks like. Won’t happen. Burden of proof should be 100% on those dictating the change from normal behavior. That’s the biggest miss in the whole virus bullshit.

Just a couple weeks to flatten the curve is what I heard in March
  • trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042

Bob_C said:

The goal posts move so frequently, the “kicker” has almost no chance of success . . .
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    You know when a politician or other public figure points to Science and Data that you are about to be lied to, often multiple times in the next paragraph or two.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,590 Standard Supporter
    trublue said:

Bob_C said:

The goal posts move so frequently, the “kicker” has almost no chance of success . . .
    The goal posts have been turned perpendicular to the playing field.

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,175

Funny that your letter didn't mention that there have been zero deaths in Washington in the under age 20 group. The concern for the kiddies is pretty damn impressive.

But the kids might infect their grandma and kill her!
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,666 Standard Supporter
    School season goes into full swing on November 4th with new management
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    We are using science and data, but fail to show which data was used, which is not science.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    They definitely don't mention no dead kids.