Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Big blow for TBS Bros.

When Sports Washington came out - ended with Lambo

When Rick got hired - ended with Gilby

When Petersen got hired - ended with 8 and 5

I'm out again

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I get a real Ty vibe from Jimmy.....
    Ty thought he knew how to do it better than anybody else. I think Jimmy thinks the same. I'm thinking Jimmy will ride with his choices and not make changes. You can't tell me no one stepped up and questioned some the hires he made.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Racist
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

You don't become a head coach if you are filled with self doubt. Of course Jimmy thinks he knows best and its his job to keep or lose so you damn well better do it your way with no regrets

I you need to make a depressing comparison to keep you miserable it is Sark. Flashy with a 7 win ceiling

lipo

Or Kevin Sumlin
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Let's pick the Black coaches

Jesus

Could be a Tony Dungy type. Maybe Lovie Smith.

Dennis Greene 2.0
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,703
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Reminds me a bit of Fritz Pollard

Jesus

You want me to take the gloves off?

It's not about skin color ... it's about someone that took over a job that had a built in infrastructure with initial on-field success before proving that they couldn't sustain it at a high end level.

With Jimmy, the big risk is that his stubborness of staff choices will limit his ability to recruit ... and limiting his ability to recruit will result in an inability to be anything more than relatively mediocre.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,703
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Jesus

It's not about skin color ... it's about someone that took over a job that had a built in infrastructure with initial on-field success before proving that they couldn't sustain it at a high end level.

With Jimmy, the big risk is that his stubborness of staff choices will limit his ability to recruit ... and limiting his ability to recruit will result in an inability to be anything more than relatively mediocre.
    Sounds like we may need to take the gloves off

Your description is pretty race and gender neutral since most coaches suck

I'll take initial on field success for now. Lot of folks here have major doubts about that
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    Tequilla said:

Jesus

Right. But how is Jimmy similar to Kevin Sumlin?

Tequilla said:

Jesus

Sounds like we may need to take the gloves off

Your description is pretty race and gender neutral since most coaches suck

I'll take initial on field success for now. Lot of folks here have major doubts about that
    My reference of Sumlin is really tied to the fact that I have a lot of friends that are TAMU guys and given my Texas influences it's a program that I pay a little more attention to than others. Sumlin obviously was a running joke tied to Sark but when you look at the parallels of taking over programs that were well set up initially there's a parallel. High end assistant to some top programs is a parallel. The recruiting side I'd have to look at a little deeper.

Sumlin wasn't anywhere quite as openly boastful as Sark was ... Sark was a joke. Lake doesn't pop off that much ... and Sumlin didn't either.

My intention is definitely not to make a comparison race based ...

Perhaps another interesting case study to look at is Jim McElwain ... SEC title game Year 1 and then the bottom fell out.

I'm with you that I'm not that worried about short-term success with Jimmy. I'm much more concerned about how recruiting plays into the future.

Racist
    Sometimes
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Sumlin was an offensive position coach and OC not a defensive position coach and DC.

Sumlin never coached in NFL.

Sumlin was known both as an OC and HC for high scoring passing spread offenses adapted from Joe Tiller not his success putting DBs in NFL and suffocating pass defenses.

Sumlin had prior head coaching experience having even gone 12-0 at Houston. Lake of course was an internal promotion.

Sumlin was very flashy and successful with recruiting at A&M especially with QBs. Lake’s first class outside of Sam is largely in state and under the radar guys.

Sumlin did walk into a situation at A&M with a lot of talent however Sherman was fired for never winning with that talent vs. CP was successful and then stepped down after one down year.

Sumlin and Johnny Football/Mike Evans led A&M to an 11-2 record in his first season by leading the SEC in basically all offensive categories. TBD but unlikely UW and John Donovan are finding a Johnny Football in 2020.

Rumors that Sumlin liked to party/drink hence the Sark comparisons (along with the perennial mediocrity.) Jimmy once recorded with a red solo cup in UW facilities unclear if filled with beer, cash, or water.

Sumlin from Alabama, Jimmy from California.

Sumlin played in Big Ten and coached in Big Ten but primarily Texas. Jimmy played at Eastern WA and all ncaa jobs in the west.

But yeah, they’re both black.

Shit.

I thought the post was tongue in cheek. This site seems to whooshing my fucking ass every day now.

BRB. PMing @IrishDawg22
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    TommySQC said:

Sumlin was an offensive position coach and OC not a defensive position coach and DC.

Sumlin never coached in NFL.

Sumlin was known both as an OC and HC for high scoring passing spread offenses adapted from Joe Tiller not his success putting DBs in NFL and suffocating pass defenses.

Sumlin had prior head coaching experience having even gone 12-0 at Houston. Lake of course was an internal promotion.

Sumlin was very flashy and successful with recruiting at A&M especially with QBs. Lake’s first class outside of Sam is largely in state and under the radar guys.

Sumlin did walk into a situation at A&M with a lot of talent however Sherman was fired for never winning with that talent vs. CP was successful and then stepped down after one down year.

Sumlin and Johnny Football/Mike Evans led A&M to an 11-2 record in his first season by leading the SEC in basically all offensive categories. TBD but unlikely UW and John Donovan are finding a Johnny Football in 2020.

Rumors that Sumlin liked to party/drink hence the Sark comparisons (along with the perennial mediocrity.) Jimmy once recorded with a red solo cup in UW facilities unclear if filled with beer, cash, or water.

Sumlin from Alabama, Jimmy from California.

Sumlin played in Big Ten and coached in Big Ten but primarily Texas. Jimmy played at Eastern WA and all ncaa jobs in the west.

But yeah, they’re both black.

Shit.

I thought the post was tongue in cheek. This site seems to whooshing my fucking ass every day now.

BRB. PMing @IrishDawg22
    You gotta know when the gloves have been taken off.
  • MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I’m pretty sure his ass knows when the gloves are on or not