Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Future Return Game from Michigan?

whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
With the game less than 2 months away cancelled, here's looking ahead to when we might get to see Michigan assuming football (gridiron, because association football is still alive and kicking) is ever played again.

Michigan completed their OOC for 2022 and openings in all future years. 2024 and 2025 are doubtful since they're traveling to Oklahoma and Texas and don't want 2 OOC away games against P5 schools.

UW typically has the pattern for 3 home OOC every even year and 2 home OOC and 1 away every odd year. If UW wants to break the pattern (and they should), then 2023 would be the earliest we'd see Michigan, though they'd need to schedule it on 9/23/23 or reschedule one of the other OOC opponents (which probably costs the schools some money). If not, UW might push it out to 2026, but that's doubtful given that Michigan probably doesn't want to have Washington and Oklahoma back-to-back.

Jen should let me handle all our(?) OOC scheduling.

Comments

• RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Unless the game is scheduled for very soon I would cancel the trip to Ann Arbor.

That’s what I’m hoping for Oregon and Columbus. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see the game even if it’s a 5% chance of winning.

But that just screams that you’re a lower tier program. The point for an AD to have a premier home-and-home is to make money. Typically the hosting school just pays out travel expenses and makes the money at the gate/concessions/season ticket bundling the big game.

Both Washington and Oregon are above that. If they pay a shit ton AND then schedule a game in the future before all of us except for Race will have died in a gloryhole stabbing, of AIDS, liver failure, heroin/meth overdose, fuel pump explosion at the Springfield 76, killed by Antifa death squads, etc then it would be acceptable.

As an FYI the going rate for a road/neutral game should be in the $4 million range, that’s what Oregon is getting to play Georgia in Atlanta in 2022.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    No shit, but the threat to cancel is just leverage to get the return visit. It’s a last resort.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,490 Standard Supporter
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,541 Swaye's Wigwam
    Return trip within two years or no deal.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    I'm hearing they are finalizing plans for the 2022 spring fling.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    Not excited about not getting a return visit for a decade or whatever. So if Jen can't get it set up for '22 I'd like to see the '21 trip to Ann Arbor instead become neutral, for instance in the new Vegas stadium. Normally I hate that shit but it's better than nothing.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    edited July 2020
    Pretty sure they are working on rescheduling for 2022
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Pretty sure they are working on rescheduling for 2022

2022 would work well for UW and Michigan, since it would be on cycle for UW and Michigan does not have a P5 OOC team scheduled that year. They could bump either Hawaii or UConn and fit with the UW schedule that's still missing a game for that season.