Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Buy or Sell?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Well, the restart of the NBA and fall football is going to be a sh*t show of kneeling in support of racist and Marxist organizations. You think any white player that doesn't kneel will be met with anything less than what Brees had to deal with? The networks are ginning up a lot of prep for this. Just like NASCAR with the fake noose incident.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    If Riley Cooper's thing happened today he'd be out of the league for life because he's white. Jackson gets a pass because he's black. That's the reality.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well, the restart of the NBA and fall football is going to be a sh*t show of kneeling in support of racist and Marxist organizations. You think any white player that doesn't kneel will be met with anything less than what Brees had to deal with? The networks are ginning up a lot of prep for this. Just like NASCAR with the fake noose incident.

Wallace tripled down with comments about stupid fans

Shitshow
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wallace tripled down with comments about stupid fans

Shitshow
    Bubba's mom criticized that some only see Bubba as a black driver. It's as if the media didn't shove that down people's throats and Bubba had nothing to do with it.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

I think the difference in these two incidents is more about the victim culture we’ve created than it is any sort of hypocrisy. Other than Josh Rosen and Mitchell Schwartz, how many Jewish players are there to be offended? The black players don’t care because the Hitler/Farrakhan quotes don’t offend them personally, just as the NBA can exploit China and ignore the Muslim internment camps because it isn’t happening to them.

Most people only care for themselves because these younger people have been taught they are all special enough to be offended.

Mitchell Schwartz responds.

• Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Geoff Schwartz cobbled together a decent NFL career. Started at RT for Ducks as a true freshman. He was in the same class as Max Unger.

I know a couple of Jewish NFL or Ex-NFL players:
    Julian Adelman;
    Taylor Mays; and last but not least Schwartz’s little brother, Mitchell Schwartz, who is not only smarter (Cal grad), but a better college and pro player than Geoff.

Geoff is a funny guy . . . Self-proclaimed as a Jewish All-American football player after his senior year at UO.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

dnc said:

He's going to play just like Riley Cooper did.

You saying he shouldn't get to play?

I'm not leaning either way because frankly the NFL has lost my interest.

Do you think the Riley Cooper situation is apples to apples?

After all, one was a spur of the moment (most likely) alcohol induced tirade. The other seems a little more thought out.

Either way- it's up to the franchise, and if his 40 time is still decent.
    It's pretty close considering Cooper's slur is derogatory to half his team while Jackson's twats don't directly affect anyone in his locker room.

I support the team addressing both as issues but keeping both employed and on the field
    I think Desean Jackson is too stupid to understand what he said. I'm quite sure he read it somewhere, it sounded bad ass and controversial and he needed some attention.

Great player; stupid human being. Describes about 95% of my favorite ballers.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Oops! Screwed that one up. Assumed the Twitter post was from Geoff Schwartz because he does a lot of NFL-related posting on Twitter.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2020
    Jackson's statement won't affect anything, if you make stoopid statements and are an athlete playing professionally you skate.

If you make pro America, Republican, Trump, Bush and so on and so on statements you lose in the public arena.

Same if you are an artist, actor, hell any kind of entertainer.

Edit: Life in America and our unbiased media
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    To be fair the backlash was bad enough to make Jackson apologize for getting caught and the Beagles to make some statement of support for the Juden

I don't understand why people just don't wear the star so we can get back to work

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

To be fair the backlash was bad enough to make Jackson apologize for getting caught and the Beagles to make some statement of support for the Juden

I don't understand why people just don't wear the star so we can get back to work

@RaceBannon good idea - I think we all need labels tattooed onto our foreheads.
    this one might not be necessary

this one would clarify a lot of misunderstandings

but then other locations would be OK

• Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

After all, one was a spur of the moment (most likely) alcohol induced tirade. The other seems a little more thought out.

It's pretty close considering Cooper's slur is derogatory to half his team while Jackson's twats don't directly affect anyone in his locker room.

I support the team addressing both as issues but keeping both employed and on the field
    I think Desean Jackson is too stupid to understand what he said. I'm quite sure he read it somewhere, it sounded bad ass and controversial and he needed some attention.

But he went to CAL! Only the best and the brightest go there, right @BearsWiin?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So it only affects the locker room? Jackson might want to directly connect with the owner of the team on that one.
    Not saying it only affects the locker room. If it did then what Jackson did wouldn't need to be apologized for and what Cooper did would be far worse.

But the locker room is damn sure a consideration.
    I doubt the locker room cares. They play football. Most people don’t give a shit what their co-worker says or does unless it’s really bad.
    In Jackson's case I agree completely. It was affecting the Saints locker room which is a big part of why Brees had to apologize.

And I'm pretty sure Cooper's teammates weren't thrilled he dropped the N word.
    True. They still got over it and had a good season. It would be different now, but the story was over in a week or so back then.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,605
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

^ The racism of low expectations, textbook definition

Jackson is being treated with kids gloves
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,401
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Imagine an adult who quoted a wrong quote about Hitler, quotes that are condemning Jews, then quoting and supporting farrakhan who is the biggest racist and Jew hater in America. He is the black Hitler/KKK.

Then imagine that people are fucking falling all over themselves to excuse what Jackson said.

FFS people, the guy is a bigot racist piece of shit. He should be tossed out of football just like he would be if he worked for any private company. Because the dumbass is an athlete he gets a pass? WTF is wrong with you people?
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Why is Jackson “stupid?”

He went to Cal. Maybe he’s really an anti-Semite and finally came out of that closet. Why not, nobody seems to care.
  • Options
    Perhaps letting people who bash their heads into other people lead social justice movements isn’t the best idea.

• Options
    edited July 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

^ The racism of low expectations, textbook definition

Jackson is being treated with kids gloves
    Pressing presser.

If these people seem smart to you, then we have vastly different frames of reference. And, I accuse white people of being that stupid all - the - time. Hang around a while. Get to know me.

And get your melon out the gutter and stop projecting your racist shit on me.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Why is Jackson “stupid?”

He went to Cal. Maybe he’s really an anti-Semite and finally came out of that closet. Why not, nobody seems to care.
    Cal admits stupid people on and off the football team all the time. But the football team is loaded with them. Like any program.