Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ty Thompson named Alpha Dog by 247 for “Pro Day” section of Elite 11

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited July 2020 in Duck Refuge
“247Sports named Thompson the Alpha Dog from the Pro Day section of the event with 247Sports' Andrew Ivins writing that Thompson may have not the highest score, but put on a show.”

https://247sports.com/college/oregon/Article/Oregon-Ducks-Football-Recruiting-elite-11-Ty-Thompson-148724497/

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020
    I think Oregon might have it's 2nd 5 star
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I will be very surprised if Thompson ever hits 5 star status. It's rare for a kid whose outside the top 50 this late in the game to hit top 50. Given the nature of this season with fewer evaluation opportunities than ever I think there will be less volatility in the rankings than ever before.

Corollary - this will probably be the year with the biggest disparity between the rankings and the actual future on field impact of kids that we've ever seen.
  • Options
    dnc said:

I will be very surprised if Thompson ever hits 5 star status. It's rare for a kid whose outside the top 50 this late in the game to hit top 50. Given the nature of this season with fewer evaluation opportunities than ever I think there will be less volatility in the rankings than ever before.

Corollary - this will probably be the year with the biggest disparity between the rankings and the actual future on field impact of kids that we've ever seen.
    It could go either way. With such few opportunities, a major showing might carry even more weight.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

It could go either way. With such few opportunities, a major showing might carry even more weight.
    EWIWBI
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

EWIWBI
    It took me a few minutes to get this one. These acronyms hurt my brain
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wow, he had a great showing. Congrats to Ty. Measured at 6-4, 220lb.D

Its to bad Huard wasn’t able to make it. Would have liked to see how the two qb’s match up.