Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Losing Bryce Sterk..

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
edited July 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
...Like losing Larry Bird

Yeah,...I'm not ashamed to admit it. When UW announced Sterk's comittment, I was stoked and he was my personal fave for that years class. Believe it or not, his college football "journey" is/was similar to another (MUCH, MUCG previous), person fave of mine that took the same kind of route in basketball.

I'm originally born/raised in southern Indiana - through college, then migrated to Seattle...but Larry Bird is from a small town not that far from my old stomping grounds, and when he originally signed with IU, I thought it would INSTANTLY add 2+ national titles to IUs books. Bird got homesick dealimg with self-imposed stress from the "city-life" in FRICKIN' BLOOMINGTON, INDIANA. (Bloomington's "kinda" like Eugene,...just not THAT "liberal".), and left school to sit out...eventually transferring to Indiana State where the rest i shistory...SAVE IT ALL NAYSAYERS,...I'm NOT saying Sterks career in the NFL is going to be "Bird-like" from B-ball. I'm simply saying, SOME of these guys arrive with different levels of awareness/expectations, & development...eventually needing a new start ( usually at a lower level).

I wish Sterk the best,...but simply because he didn't make it big at UW, does NOT mean he can't play.

Comments