Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Next Step

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter
Auburn fans will continue to War Eagle and Ducks and Beavers will continue to call it the Civil War. Unfortunately, we are one election away from the use of these now supposedly banned terms to be classified as hate speech and subject to civil and criminal penalties. Not one major dem candidate unequivocally supports the First Amendment.

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited June 2020
    Moda Center fans disagree but Climate Pledge Greta Arena fans are confused.

Still seeing nothing solid that War Eagle is donzo other than an @RaceBannon haha.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,422 Founders Club

Auburn fans will continue to War Eagle and Ducks and Beavers will continue to call it the Civil War. Unfortunately, we are one election away from the use of these now supposedly banned terms to be classified as hate speech and subject to civil and criminal penalties. Not one major dem candidate unequivocally supports the First Amendment.

Agree on Auburn, but Oregon and OSU fans will stop calling it Civil War. Cook it!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club

Moda Center fans disagree but Climate Pledge Greta Arena fans are confused.

Still seeing nothing solid that War Eagle is donzo other than an @RaceBannon haha.

News before it happens. Takes time to get to everything
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Who does unequivocally support the First Amendment? I thought we had decades-long consensus that there are practical exceptions to that. The old "fire in the movie theater" being a civics 101 favorite.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Who does unequivocally support the First Amendment? I thought we had decades-long consensus that there are practical exceptions to that. The old "fire in the movie theater" being a civics 101 favorite.

People forget U.S. v. Schenck was overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio. They forget that.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,043 Standard Supporter

You suck at this. Yelling fire in a crowded theater isn't the same as opposing gay marriage on a website or wanting illegal aliens deported, now is it. So rather than defend the right to free speech you drag the thread off the rails like a good leftard. Never deal with the actual facts.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944

Picked the idiot hill to die on.

People forget U.S. v. Schenck was overturned by Brandenburg v. Ohio. They forget that.
    Partially. The scope was limited but not eliminated. Inciting a riot, for example, is still very much banned. You can also try to leave death threats on the facebook page of any congressman and let us know what happens.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Partially. The scope was limited but not eliminated. Inciting a riot, for example, is still very much banned. You can also try to leave death threats on the facebook page of any congressman and let us know what happens.
    Right...but yelling fire in a theatre is a myth.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm hearing rioting is a valid form of protest and won't be prosecuted.

I'm hearing rioting is a valid form of protest and won't be prosecuted.
    I think it's too early to say how @WarlordRaz plans on dealing with rioters.