Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mitch Leigber, 3* 2021 S, Laguna Hills (Laguna Hills), CA (Offered 6/19/20)

https://247sports.com/Player/Mitch-Leigber-46085427/
https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8364012/5ddf4862a6764214d4a491a0

“Washington just offered me on Friday and that was big for me,” Leigber said. “I’ve been talking with them off and on for awhile so I knew they had interest but it was still great to get the offer. Coach Harris and coach Brown are my primary recruiters and I like both guys a lot and I’m building a solid relationship with them.

“When I got the offer, it was cool how it went down. I did a zoom call with both coach Harris and coach Brown plus coach Lake was on the call along with coach K (Kwiatkowski). I talked to all of the coaches and then coach Lake let me know I had the offer and I was really excited.”

Leigber has yet to visit Washington but said he would love to before making his decision.

“I don’t know if I’ll be able to get out there because of the dead period but it would be great to see the school up close,” Leigber said. “I’m doing a virtual tour with them tomorrow though so that should be good. I’ll be able to get a feel for what the school and the football facilities looks like so that will help a lot.

“They like me as a safety and feel I can come in and be an impact player for them. They do a great job developing defensive backs and that’s one of the things that really stands out. They said I would fit in well with their defense as a strong safety who can play the run and the pass and they’re definitely a great option for me moving forward.”

Leigber said he would like to take few visits before committing but even if he’s not able to, he still plans to make an early decision.

“I’m going to commit by the end of the summer,” Leigber said. “I would love to do it soon and get it out of the way so I can focus on my senior year of school and football. I don’t have a set timeframe in mind though. It could be next week or in August.

"I’m just going to play things by ear and when I feel I’m ready, I’ll go ahead and make my decision. It’s close between all the schools right now and no one is standing out. I like all four are pretty equal and all four are great schools and great options for me. Once I feel one is emerging among that group, that’s when I’ll go ahead and make my decision but honestly, I'm not there yet."

Comments