Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Tui going to coach TEs at usc.

Comments

• BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

Certainly not mad at Tui. He's done what is best for him and his family. Just mad at the situation. Would love to have him on the sidelines.

Is Jonathan Smith a good QBs coach?

Tui is a good recruiter, and I think he's a good QB coach. Hundley at ucla was very good last year and Price had a rebound this year.

Again, is Jonathan Smith a good QBs coach?

Tui coached TE's at UCLA. But yes, Hundley is good.
    I too am confused by the Tui/Wilcox is the new Mora.
  • If Tui wasn't a RB MVP for this school would anyone give a rats ass that he's gone? Nope.

Why I don't care that he's leaving. If his leaving pisses off Kim and Doogs then I'm glad he chose to LEAVE!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    BayDawg said:

Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

Certainly not mad at Tui. He's done what is best for him and his family. Just mad at the situation. Would love to have him on the sidelines.

Tui is a good recruiter, and I think he's a good QB coach. Hundley at ucla was very good last year and Price had a rebound this year.

are you questioning JohnB???? Banhammer coming!
  • nihilistdawgnihilistdawg Member Posts: 226
    BayDawg said:

Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

Only thing I can guess is that he's the UW grad that everyone wants on the sideline, but keeps taking other jobs.

I saw a few tweets about how Tui is a trader now. Still trying to figure out what he's getting in return.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Crediting UCLA's 2012 TE coach with Brett Hundley's success is CassiopeaFS
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

softy to 570Fox LA

Please.... Pretty please?

Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

CoachNews says you don't know how good he is at either. However, Jonathan Smith is way better. Don't you read?

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    You do realize Tui didn't coach Hundley at UCLA right, and he has only been a QB coach for one season, correct? How do you know Tui is a good recruiter? Who has he recruited to UW/UCLA?

And yes, I do believe that Jonathan Smith is a large upgrade over Tui. He has been an OC at the FCS level, coached up a QB at Idaho that people were actually talking about his pro potential. Go look at Wikipedia, im too lazy to link it.
    Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

You do realize Tui didn't coach Hundley at UCLA right, and he has only been a QB coach for one season, correct? How do you know Tui is a good recruiter? Who has he recruited to UW/UCLA?

And yes, I do believe that Jonathan Smith is a large upgrade over Tui. He has been an OC at the FCS level, coached up a QB at Idaho that people were actually talking about his pro potential. Go look at Wikipedia, im too lazy to link it.

Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

I gotcha....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Smith_(quarterback)

• DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    I believe he did coach Hundley since Hundley's regression was attributed to Tui leaving. The question I have is why would staying to be the TE coach UW considered a demotion?

Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

• Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,944 Founders Club
    TommySQC said:
    Jonathan Smith:

Looks like he is already lobbying for the Longhorns gig...
  • Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,944 Founders Club
    edited December 2013
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    Jonathon Smith was the plucky Beaver QB who threw all over the white pants clad Huskies in Lambo's last year and failed on a two point conversion with seconds left back when it would have been unreal for the Beavers to win at Husky Stadium. FO,G
  • Jonathon Smith was the plucky Beaver QB who threw all over the white pants clad Huskies in Lambo's last year and failed on a two point conversion with seconds left back when it would have been unreal for the Beavers to win at Husky Stadium. FO,G

UW also defeated him and his ranked Oregon State squad in 2000.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Smith is a god in Cornvalley for taking the Barkrats to a Fiesta win over an over ranked (always, right?) Notre Dame team. Classic over achiever with a rifle arm, and very smart. UW job will be the biggest job he's had and I'm betting he'll do a great job. Plus, if Petersen wants him that's good enough for me. And definite upgrade over Tui, IMHO.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam

BayDawg said:

Passion said:

Is Tui a good QBs coach?

Passion said:

Only thing I can guess is that he's the UW grad that everyone wants on the sideline, but keeps taking other jobs.

I saw a few tweets about how Tui is a trader now. Still trying to figure out what he's getting in return.

Is he going into the wilderness to collect bear pelts?
  • Passion silence once he was corrected that Tui never coached Hundley speaks volumes.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    I think it is far too early to really tell what Tui's impact as a coach is. He could become a great coach one day, time will tell, but impossible to really know from his current body of work.

I will say I don't think he is a bad coach though.