Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW women’s basketball coach Jody Wynn apologizes for statement that was ‘hurtful to people of color’

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good. Lord. It's as simple as this: Several years ago, I'm sitting at work and the guys across from me are talking about the ongoing union contract negotiations with the company. The electrical department was pushing for a pay raise, and it was looking like they were going to get it. This guy was pretty pissed off about that. "I'll be at the next union meeting throwing a fucking fit if those guys get a raise and we don't."

All I said to him was, "You realize the company wouldn't be taking it out of your salary, right? Why is it a bad thing that somebody gets more money if it doesn't hurt you?" I thought this was a concept people are supposed to have mentally come to grips with before double digit age.

Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter is exactly the same scenario. A legitimate petition for redress of grievances was mistakenly interpreted by some as an insult, and a series of overcorrections have occurred, sending the whole truck into the ditch.

“Because it’s not fair!” - sincerely, all leftists.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

FireCohen said:

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s far safer to not post on social media under your own name. Too many crazy fucking people that take everything the worst possible way and then try to ruin your life over it.

I guess HH rule “Anything you poast, can, and will be used against you, years later.”
    Applies in real life too
    Baseman’s disclaimer, now HH disclaimer. Author @DerekJohnson
    I took your name off of it last year after you emailed me saying you didn't want to be affiliated with the site and you wanted me to shut down your account.
    We want to see those messages
    fuck off
    Tyrant
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good. Lord. It's as simple as this: Several years ago, I'm sitting at work and the guys across from me are talking about the ongoing union contract negotiations with the company. The electrical department was pushing for a pay raise, and it was looking like they were going to get it. This guy was pretty pissed off about that. "I'll be at the next union meeting throwing a fucking fit if those guys get a raise and we don't."

All I said to him was, "You realize the company wouldn't be taking it out of your salary, right? Why is it a bad thing that somebody gets more money if it doesn't hurt you?" I thought this was a concept people are supposed to have mentally come to grips with before double digit age.

Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter is exactly the same scenario. A legitimate petition for redress of grievances was mistakenly interpreted by some as an insult, and a series of overcorrections have occurred, sending the whole truck into the ditch.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this guy was one of yours, along with everyone else I work with. "But it's not fair" is the entire reason All Lives Matter came into existence. A bunch of snowflakes took ridiculous offense at being left out of another group's movement, and a series of overcorrections led to where we are now.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think they should make her keep coaching and not let her have any black players on the team.

They would lose every game. oh wait, UW Husky women? oh never mind
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020
    Derek holds the power to ruin many lives

But he is a benevolent dictator
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this guy was one of yours, along with everyone else I work with. "But it's not fair" is the entire reason All Lives Matter came into existence. A bunch of snowflakes took ridiculous offense at being left out of another group's movement, and a series of overcorrections led to where we are now.
    What’s one of mine?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

What’s one of mine?

• doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think it’s a bit more than an “overcorrection.” The Venn diagram of people who hate BLM and people who are actually just racist is one circle.