Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW women’s basketball coach Jody Wynn apologizes for statement that was ‘hurtful to people of color’

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    On Sunday, in response to the death of George Floyd, Wynn released a statement on social media that read, in part, that “we must stand with our Black Americans & seek justice! Black, brown, yellow … ALL lives matter.” That statement was quickly deleted and replaced with a new statement that was identical, except for the passage that stated: “We must stand with our black Americans & seek justice! Black lives matter!”
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s far safer to not post on social media under your own name. Too many crazy fucking people that take everything the worst possible way and then try to ruin your life over it.

100% this

People are weird.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s far safer to not post on social media under your own name.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s far safer to not post on social media under your own name. Too many crazy fucking people that take everything the worst possible way and then try to ruin your life over it.

I guess HH rule “Anything you poast, can, and will be used against you, years later.”
    Applies in real life too
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Wynn needs to be fired ... and her comments in the last week are a just a small % of why
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

I guess HH rule “Anything you poast, can, and will be used against you, years later.”
    Applies in real life too
    Exactly, look at what’s happening to Jake Fromm. A text he sent over a year ago is just now surfacing to screw him over. It’s insane.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    All lives matter unless they are delicious and we can make a profit from killing them!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    FireCohen said:

Applies in real life too
    Baseman’s disclaimer, now HH disclaimer. Author @DerekJohnson
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Baseman said:

FireCohen said:

Applies in real life too
    Baseman’s disclaimer, now HH disclaimer. Author @DerekJohnson
    I took your name off of it last year after you emailed me saying you didn't want to be affiliated with the site and you wanted me to shut down your account.
    We want to see those messages
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Wynn needs to be fired ... and her comments in the last week are a just a small % of why

I agree she should get fired but not for including the other minority groups. I'm not really getting why it's such a no no to say anything beyond BLM. Like I genuinely haven't really figured that out... Can anyone inform me on this?
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    edited June 2020

Tequilla said:

I agree she should get fired but not for including the other minority groups. I'm not really getting why it's such a no no to say anything beyond BLM. Like I genuinely haven't really figured that out... Can anyone inform me on this?
    You're taking away from the strife of the black community by including others. This isn't about making skin color a trivial thing in society, it is about self righteous indignation.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,099
    She gave the standard white team owner quote from the ‘40s.

“I don’t care if you’re black, brown, yellow, red, green, purple, or polka dotted. If you can help this team win, we’re gonna let you play!”

“You could be mongoloid, queer, retarded, cuckoo, half a fag, schizo, light in the loafers, over the hill, out to lunch, full of baloney, off the reservation, oriental. Don’t matter to me! If you can help this squad, we’re with you kid!”

............................................................................

“I am dark and you are light!“

“You are blind as a bat and I have sight! Side by side, you are my amigo, negro, let’s not fiiiight!”
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good. Lord. It's as simple as this: Several years ago, I'm sitting at work and the guys across from me are talking about the ongoing union contract negotiations with the company. The electrical department was pushing for a pay raise, and it was looking like they were going to get it. This guy was pretty pissed off about that. "I'll be at the next union meeting throwing a fucking fit if those guys get a raise and we don't."

All I said to him was, "You realize the company wouldn't be taking it out of your salary, right? Why is it a bad thing that somebody gets more money if it doesn't hurt you?" I thought this was a concept people are supposed to have mentally come to grips with before double digit age.

Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter is exactly the same scenario. A legitimate petition for redress of grievances was mistakenly interpreted by some as an insult, and a series of overcorrections have occurred, sending the whole truck into the ditch.