Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I watched Manu on every play of the Oregon replay...

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Gregory is still our LB coach.

Happy Dooging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZR1wtU8Sc

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,097
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

I remember our offense going 3 and out or only making 1 first down during the last quarter and a half to two quarters. Maybe Oregon took advantage of the weakness of the defense (shocker), but if our quitter loser coach and his OC can string together even just 2 drives where we go down the field and get a couple field goals while keeping the clock moving, it doesn't matter. Their defense didn't play great in that particular game either.

I think where they earned the W is they knew our dipshit coach and offense goes so conservative that if it's close at the end the game it's theirs, just like 2018.

That telegraphed wildcat call on 3rd and 1 was the game.
    And it wasn’t WildDick either.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,073
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Now do the prior year with BBK. It was much more about the player and not the coaching. That was supposed to be Ale Kaho, who surprisingly hasn't entered the portal to USC or Utah.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,465
    Swaye's Wigwam

Now do the prior year with BBK. It was much more about the player and not the coaching. That was supposed to be Ale Kaho, who surprisingly hasn't entered the portal to USC or Utah.

I thought Beavers medically retiring was the go to?!

We run unbalanced defenses to cover shit up all the time. Blaming an entire season on a position coach and a few linebackers isn't even telling a third of the story on why this team sucked.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,042
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

...they knew our dipshit coach and offense goes so conservative that if it's close at the end the game it's theirs, just like 2018.

Because it's the same thing meathead does.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Manu got skewered night time on the 1st drive particularly in the red zone

By the end of the first quarter he was essentially benched
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Manu got skewered night time on the 1st drive particularly in the red zone

By the end of the first quarter he was essentially benched

He got absolutely washed on the 4th and 3 Pittman td in the 3rd quarter
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

I remember our offense going 3 and out or only making 1 first down during the last quarter and a half to two quarters. Maybe Oregon took advantage of the weakness of the defense (shocker), but if our quitter loser coach and his OC can string together even just 2 drives where we go down the field and get a couple field goals while keeping the clock moving, it doesn't matter. Their defense didn't play great in that particular game either.

I think where they earned the W is they knew our dipshit coach and offense goes so conservative that if it's close at the end the game it's theirs, just like 2018.

That telegraphed wildcat call on 3rd and 1 was the game.
    "Kamari can do some things." I mean what Pete, you don't think this game was for the division or should have been? This was beavlet and you want to get your backup some reps and put a play like this on tape?

I think the most pathetic part of this whole season was that they would desperately break out Bynum, Puka, and Spiker if they were really about to lose a game. Like they had to see for sure over 98% of a game that their personnel decisions weren't working. And they seemingly did that in all 5 of our losses.
    This post.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020
    Gladstone said:

Pete forever lost me defending the wildcat call, talking about how the formation in and of itself is why it had been so successful. Horrifyingly stupid comment.

Well according to coaches he was good offensive mind

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Manu played the whole 2nd half outside. One of the dumbest moves our coaches made all season. He wasn’t in the game at all when we were getting stops in the first half.

Pete lost touch with reality
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2020
    FireCohen said:

Manu played the whole 2nd half outside. One of the dumbest moves our coaches made all season. He wasn’t in the game at all when we were getting stops in the first half.

Pete lost touch with reality
    It would be strange if Pete had something to do with it. It was a schematic choice by the defensive coaches. We were essentially running a 5-1 the whole 2nd half. He should have demanded Manu to sit early in the year.

I don’t buy that he had nothing to do with the rotations, but he must have had something to do with them. No other reason for guys like Manu and Baccallia to be out there after multiple games.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What kind of sick fuck watches that game by choice?
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wellington no better whiffing on this play. BBK sucked but he tackled