Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why is a Social Worker Dictating COVID-19 Policy for the Country’s Largest County?

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
Yes, this is the real-life version of “I’m not a doctor but I play one on TV.”

Instead of looking at science and data and adapting her public health response to attack what we now know are the strengths and weaknesses of this virus, she is essentially behaving like an elementary school principal (probably because she was one). Exerting her new-found unchallengeable and unelected power over an entire population that she views as children.

https://done.com/why-is-a-social-worker-dictating-covid-19-policy-for-the-countrys-largest-county/

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,055 Standard Supporter
    Fascists just pick people that'll do as they're told.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,836 Standard Supporter
    And to think rats were complaining when Trump appointed Fauci to head up the pandemic. Hilarious.
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Sledog said:

Whoa, when did you pony up a little scratch to be here?

Sledog said:

Whoa, when did you pony up a little scratch to be here?
    No. Just never had a badge before. I have indeed donated though.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824
    edited May 2020
    Meet Oregon "Epidemiologist" Dean Sidelinger.

State Health Officer and State Epidemiologist
    Dean Sidelinger
    Dean Sidelinger, MD, MSEd, FAAP is the Health Officer and State Epidemiologist for the Oregon Public Health Division. In this role he supports public health practice, programs, and staff.

Prior to joining the Oregon Health Authority, Dr. Sidelinger served as the Child Health Medical Officer and Interim Deputy Public Health Officer for the County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA). In this role, he helped provide strategic direction for HHSA programs that impacted children and public health through the County’s vision, Live Well San Diego, to help all County residents be healthy, be safe, and thrive. He worked across programs in behavioral health, child welfare, early childhood, eligibility operations, and public health. In addition, Dr. Sidelinger worked with multiple partners in the community from the education, health, and social service sectors.

Dr. Sidelinger obtained his undergraduate degree in chemistry and medical degree from Georgetown University. He completed his pediatric internship and residency at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis and a fellowship in Community Pediatrics at the University of California, San Diego. He also has a Master’s in Education from the University of Southern California.

No background in Epidemiology, Strong background in Social work. His medical practice peaked at being an intern Pediatrician. Basically a Pronoun, Diversity, Social Justice hire that no one ever thought would have to be called on for anything.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,506 Standard Supporter
    edited May 2020

Honest to god, we have the dude in Office Space setting the future course of our nation.

Masks are the new flair.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,439 Founders Club
    The LA gray haired cunt can fuck off

Thanks

Who would take health advice from this woman? Looks like walking dead!

Eat a steak for Christ sake!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    this her Halloween photo?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    People in Seattle aren’t this pale.

How is this even possible in LA???
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    The more you know

Hollywood
    I like my health advice from the walking dead
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470

Looks photo-shopped. Not saying it is photo-shopped (it is...) but it looks like it's photo-shopped.
    GDS said:

Looks photo-shopped. Not saying it is photo-shopped (it is...) but it looks like it's photo-shopped.
    Its not though

GDS said:

Its not though

Looks the same to me

Looks the same to me

Glaucoma is one of the leading causes of blindness for people over the age of 60.