Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What do you have to lose?

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
remember that?

well Trump was right Again!

Peer-reviewed studies published from January through April 20, 2020, provide clear and convincing evidence that HCQ may be beneficial in COVID-19

https://aapsonline.org/hcq-90-percent-chance

Comments

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,476
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I hope that is all true and that the drug saves billions of lives. Just a heads up for my fellow Tugtards, I took that medication (suggested by the FED when traveling in remote Amazon areas) and it gave me two hours of the worst stomach pains I have ever experienced in my life. I said fuck it and quit taking it after the third day. I am sure everyone reacts differently to medications but no one should be taking this stuff if they aren't sure they have Covid and in a very sick and serious situation. From what I understand, Tom Hanks wife had the same reaction to it that I did.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Clear and covincing evidence that it MAY be beneficial?

I'm getting mixed messages there.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Ah yes, the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons.

Fancy name for a far-right group that believes HIV does not cause AIDS, being gay reduces life expectancy, abortion causes breast cancer, and vaccines cause autism. You'd think they're a caricature of a right wing lunacy group, but they are in fact real.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fancy name for a far-right group that believes HIV does not cause AIDS, being gay reduces life expectancy, abortion causes breast cancer, and vaccines cause autism. You'd think they're a caricature of a right wing lunacy group, but they are in fact real.

I have heard about the vaccines causing autism and it seems ludicrous. The others I haven't heard about. But I have read about studies which link birth control to breast cancer which I would think has some of the same arguments as abortion. If I remember correctly, the gist of the argument had something to do with shutting down the woman's natural reproduction cycle and the reduction and or increase of certain hormones in the system. Like all cancers, it would be nice to know what we've been doing to ourselves to cause such great increases in the various cancers we've been exposed to. Breast cancer is and has been a terrible disease afflicting mostly women. The one which seems to be getting a ton of men (too early in their lives IMO) is pancreatic cancer. We know virtually nothing about it and it's almost certainly a death sentence if you get it. I wonder if we'll ever find out what if the exposure to plastics in our systems has had adverse effects. If true, we apparently consume 5 grams (the weight of a credit card) of plastic every week.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Sort of like the far left who wants to implant location- and health-data tracking into vaccines?

• Options

Sort of like the far left who wants to implant location- and health-data tracking into vaccines?

Sounds like Bill Gates is at it again!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2020
    It's a great combo to prescribe when you catch it early in the first 5-7 days. New York tried it with people on vents knowing that it doesn't really work for hardly anyone at that advanced stage.

And of course the ultimate torpedo of the drug.

Unfortunately, although it is perfectly legal to prescribe drugs for new indications not on the label, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recommended that CQ and HCQ should be used for COVID-19 only in hospitalized patients in the setting of a clinical study if available. Most states are making it difficult for physicians to prescribe or pharmacists to dispense these medications.

Once they're hospitalized, it doesn't work very well.

But CHINA IS THE ONLY BAD ACTOR IN THIS!!!!! You're a tinfoiled kook to believe otherwise!!!!!
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

You can't resist an opportunity to respond like Pavlovs dog every time Gates' name is mentioned. Seems odd to me.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

You can't resist an opportunity to respond like Pavlovs dog every time Gates' name is mentioned. Seems odd to me.
    Has anyone seen @GreenRiverGatorz and Bill Gates in the same room together??
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,227
    Swaye's Wigwam

salemcoog said:

Has anyone seen @GreenRiverGatorz and Bill Gates in the same room together??
    Brother can you spare a dime?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,178

You brought up Bill Gates. I didn’t.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I hope that is all true and that the drug saves billions of lives. Just a heads up for my fellow Tugtards, I took that medication (suggested by the FED when traveling in remote Amazon areas) and it gave me two hours of the worst stomach pains I have ever experienced in my life. I said fuck it and quit taking it after the third day. I am sure everyone reacts differently to medications but no one should be taking this stuff if they aren't sure they have Covid and in a very sick and serious situation. From what I understand, Tom Hanks wife had the same reaction to it that I did.

A relative who's a doc often says when you experience severe abdominal pain after taking a med to go have your liver numbers checked. Not infrequently that pain is really your liver getting pissed off at the poison you've just taken (because that's what it is, albeit a controlled poison). If your liver doesn't like it, for whatever reason, that's another good reason to stop.

You'd think everyone's liver would work the same. I have relatives who've consumed enough alcohol to kill 10 people and their livers recover and are fine. I also knew people from HS who died in their 40s from drinking too much.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I have heard about the vaccines causing autism and it seems ludicrous. The others I haven't heard about. But I have read about studies which link birth control to breast cancer which I would think has some of the same arguments as abortion. If I remember correctly, the gist of the argument had something to do with shutting down the woman's natural reproduction cycle and the reduction and or increase of certain hormones in the system. Like all cancers, it would be nice to know what we've been doing to ourselves to cause such great increases in the various cancers we've been exposed to. Breast cancer is and has been a terrible disease afflicting mostly women. The one which seems to be getting a ton of men (too early in their lives IMO) is pancreatic cancer. We know virtually nothing about it and it's almost certainly a death sentence if you get it. I wonder if we'll ever find out what if the exposure to plastics in our systems has had adverse effects. If true, we apparently consume 5 grams (the weight of a credit card) of plastic every week.
    I wonder a lot about this stuff too. I've tried to shy away from shit in plastic containers, assuming they've all been exposed to heat, but it's not practical to go 100% unless you go full hippie, which I'm not prepared to do on a theory.

Although more expensive, when we were all kids most liquid shit came in glass. Yeah it breaks and whatever, but it can be recycled using less energy than recycling plastic and you don't have to worry about the cancer angle.

I've also heard those theories about abortion and birth control. I have no competence to evaluate those things, but they seem plausible at least.

On vaccines, every doc we know says it's beyond ill-advised to skip the Gardisil vaccine for teenage girls and thus spare them the probability of getting cervical cancer, which is also a quick death sentence.

No doubt that vaccines can cause problems in some people. But after experiencing the current shit show we're all in, I'm more in favor of them now than ever.