Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Making Sense of a Disastrous NFL Draft for the Huskies

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    I hope people learn from this ... Not mentioning any particular names ...
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,906 Founders Club
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tracy Ford FSPeed in their butts.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,756 Swaye's Wigwam

Tracy Ford FSPeed in their butts.

If that’s part of their program count me in.

Do you think the truck bed boys peed in the butt?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

It was such a weird year. Since Pete came we have had a few things to count on when it comes to NFL draftees.

1. Our guys would develop well beyond their star ratings.
    2. Our strength and conditioning would be a big part of this.
    3. Tracy Ford and FSP were an advantage for us both in recruiting and in training.
    4. Ultimately we would get a number of players drafted and many above expectations.

All four of those things cratered simultaneously.

Complete clusterfuck.

the culmination of failures feel like everyone riding past success...

The offense has been full of guys that think they are a lot better than they actually are, not putting in the work and the defense hasn't hit hard and intimidated opponents since the 2016 season.

IMO the FYFMFE Leach rant best explains UWs shit season and eventual shit draft...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8

Sounds like Jimmy needs to role the fuck out of somebody.

That’s the fact of the matter!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,958
    I'll help you make sense of it: they weren't that good.

Shaq wasn't good because Sarkesian; he was just good.

That's how it mostly works.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    CaptainPJ said:

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

It was such a weird year. Since Pete came we have had a few things to count on when it comes to NFL draftees.

3. Tracy Ford and FSP were an advantage for us both in recruiting and in training.
    4. Ultimately we would get a number of players drafted and many above expectations.

Complete clusterfuck.

the culmination of failures feel like everyone riding past success...

The offense has been full of guys that think they are a lot better than they actually are, not putting in the work and the defense hasn't hit hard and intimidated opponents since the 2016 season.

IMO the FYFMFE Leach rant best explains UWs shit season and eventual shit draft...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZaOFTp5_C8

Sounds like Jimmy needs to role the fuck out of somebody.

That’s the fact of the matter!
    IMO if there was a good competent starting QB Im convinced Pete would have rolled Eason to send a message. Eason was a dumb party dude and didnt have the drive to mentally or physically prepare for games and you know he is the type of guy to have a pretty lackadaisical attitude on practice. The antithesis of what Peterson wanted in a team leader.

I really think the killing blow to Pete was having the established philosophy of hardwork, mental prep, and practice determining play and then having to play Eason, in a small part because of the politics of it, but also not having anyone else good enough to justify benching him. He knew it was going to be a shitshow and there was nothing he could do to change it once it was in motion 9-16 months before the shit season played out. The QB room collapsing, all the QBs quitting, and Eason being a pretty average QB on an exceedingly soft and mentally weak team was just the icing on the cake that confirmed what he knew was going to play out.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

I'll help you make sense of it: they weren't that good.

Shaq wasn't good because Sarkesian; he was just good.

That's how it mostly works.

Peterman was smoke and mirrors

And didn't develop shit

Should have been molded by a real man like clay
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    This ain’t the Mountain West
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    dnc said:

Complete clusterfuck.

I never counted on #3. FSP may be an advantage in recruiting to some extent, but they aren't promoting the UW, they are promoting themselves. If that means repping a guy getting a USC offer or an ASU offer they do it. They don't seem to be steering anybody our way. As for as training, never counted on that at all. Most of those videos I see posted on Twitter are toe-tapping makework bullshit. All that cone-dancing, hallway sprinting, triple-move route nonsense does nothing except waste training time, IMO.

You take away that, it kills the rest of it. Maybe our S&C would have helped and guys would develop beyond their star ratings, but once out of the program and in the hands of outsiders, all that could be lost.

As far as Eason, I don't know his deal personally, but a part of that could also be our shit offense. Aaron Rodgers even looked just okay with Mike McCarthy.