Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Harvard vows to keep the cash

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

This discussion has been closed

gRunDLE sTOp!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Has it?
  • Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734

Disagree.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

any word from Inslee when it might reopen?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    doogie said:

any word from Inslee when it might reopen?
    May 4th is now off the table.

Maybe June.

The truth is, it might be 2 years before we're back to full fledged Harvard debates with no restrictions. We're just going to have to get used that.

#newnormal
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    I'm just the son of a TUFF blue collar liberal who would rip your FACE off. And earn more than the median Ivy Leaguer who's my age. So I don't know anything about this shit.

• Options

ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

41 billion endowment and they are going to use tax payer money to give to students who go to their school. Harvard is the classic liberal bastion. The rich elites steal from the little people and continue to live their lives of luxury.

From that endowment they should be paying for half their enrollments tuition and those students should all be from middle and lower class families. Instead they enroll Biff and Buffy rich elites and legacies and throw a bone to far too few less privileged who then have several hundred thousand in student loans to pay back upon graduation. Classic liberal elite behavior.

This is not quite accurate. Harvard is a no loan school. They don't make loans, and few students who need the help take them out from other sources. Over half who attend receive aid based on need; 1 in 5 doesn't pay a dime to attend.

Harvard, along with several other elite institutions, moved to a need-blind admissions policy years ago, with the aim of admitting the smartest of the smart, however you measure that. Sure, there are kids who get in through various channels, including the rich and famous from both ends of the political spectrum. But by and large, that is the exception to the rule, and Harvard admissions is mostly a meritocracy. They absolutely use their endowment to subsidize cost of attendance for more than half of their students, many receiving full support if they demonstrate need.

I defend them and their like because they are a shining example of how the private sector can work to deal with issues of social inequality. Their wealth guarantees access to those who otherwise would not be able to attend. That beats relying on the state in my book. That's my argument for their tax-exempt status. I'm not sure what the argument is for the church.
    Nicely done Creep. You just ruined a perfectly good angry populist rant.
    Another fucking rat idiot who has no idea what in the hell he is talking about but FEELS like he should say something.
    The only one sharing feelings is you, dumbfuck. The tell is when you respond to Creep’s post with bullshit anecdotes.

Wanna know I know you’re a bullshitter? You won’t take the bet.

You pussy. Go find the evidence and quit with the bullshit. Pathetic rats like you make me want to puke. You lie and then lie to cover the lie.

Now buck up buttercup, go find where I wished The Bitch death. Come on pussy. Prove me wrong.

As for Harvard, I have no doubt that a lowlife like you knows no one but inner circle rats like yourself. None capable of anything other than gaining acceptance into a very left leaning community college.

Now go smoke some more crack and focus on finding my posts hoping for The Bitch's death.

What a fucking low life idiot.
    I think a guy who won’t put up his end of a bet should retire the word “pussy” from his vocabulary.

If someone here accused me of something I knew I didn’t say, I’d have no problem risking a vacation from the bored. A career bullshitter like you doesn’t have that luxury. Instead we get “I don’t play stupid games,” etc., which is exactly what a liar would say.

I’ve never seen anyone so uncertain that they’re not a lying sack of shit.

Stop bleeding through your panties and take the bet.
  • Options

ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

41 billion endowment and they are going to use tax payer money to give to students who go to their school. Harvard is the classic liberal bastion. The rich elites steal from the little people and continue to live their lives of luxury.

From that endowment they should be paying for half their enrollments tuition and those students should all be from middle and lower class families. Instead they enroll Biff and Buffy rich elites and legacies and throw a bone to far too few less privileged who then have several hundred thousand in student loans to pay back upon graduation. Classic liberal elite behavior.

This is not quite accurate. Harvard is a no loan school. They don't make loans, and few students who need the help take them out from other sources. Over half who attend receive aid based on need; 1 in 5 doesn't pay a dime to attend.

Harvard, along with several other elite institutions, moved to a need-blind admissions policy years ago, with the aim of admitting the smartest of the smart, however you measure that. Sure, there are kids who get in through various channels, including the rich and famous from both ends of the political spectrum. But by and large, that is the exception to the rule, and Harvard admissions is mostly a meritocracy. They absolutely use their endowment to subsidize cost of attendance for more than half of their students, many receiving full support if they demonstrate need.

I defend them and their like because they are a shining example of how the private sector can work to deal with issues of social inequality. Their wealth guarantees access to those who otherwise would not be able to attend. That beats relying on the state in my book. That's my argument for their tax-exempt status. I'm not sure what the argument is for the church.
    Another fucking rat idiot who has no idea what in the hell he is talking about but FEELS like he should say something.
    The only one sharing feelings is you, dumbfuck. The tell is when you respond to Creep’s post with bullshit anecdotes.

You pussy. Go find the evidence and quit with the bullshit. Pathetic rats like you make me want to puke. You lie and then lie to cover the lie.

Now buck up buttercup, go find where I wished The Bitch death. Come on pussy. Prove me wrong.

As for Harvard, I have no doubt that a lowlife like you knows no one but inner circle rats like yourself. None capable of anything other than gaining acceptance into a very left leaning community college.

Now go smoke some more crack and focus on finding my posts hoping for The Bitch's death.

I think a guy who won’t put up his end of a bet should retire the word “pussy” from his vocabulary.

If someone here accused me of something I knew I didn’t say, I’d have no problem risking a vacation from the bored. A career bullshitter like you doesn’t have that luxury. Instead we get “I don’t play stupid games,” etc., which is exactly what a liar would say.

• Options

ramenduck said:

ramenduck said:

If someone here accused me of something I knew I didn’t say, I’d have no problem risking a vacation from the bored. A career bullshitter like you doesn’t have that luxury. Instead we get “I don’t play stupid games,” etc. Shit liars say.