Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What am I missing?

Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 795
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Why is everything still shut down?

Let's lay out the facts:

1. The genie is out of the bottle, and you can't put it back in. We can't totally eradicate it without extreme authoritarian measures and international cooperation that will never happen.
2. We can't keep the economy closed for 18 months, that's economic and societal suicide. Everyone knows this.
3. Our hospital capacity will likely be fine based on what we've seen so far as long as we don't allow large gatherings. And even then it's questionable if our hospitals would be overwhelmed.

So... why is everything still shut down? If we're gonna have to open it up later, why not just do it now?

I don't mean we have to be reckless, people should still avoid big gatherings where they can and take precautions like washing their hands or being careful if they're in a vulnerable demographic, but this total shutdown just doesn't make sense anymore. Just open it back up and tell people to use caution. Maybe hold off on concerts and sporting events, but that's it.

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Let's lay out the facts:

1. The genie is out of the bottle, and you can't put it back in. We can't totally eradicate it without extreme authoritarian measures and international cooperation that will never happen.
    2. We can't keep the economy closed for 18 months, that's economic and societal suicide. Everyone knows this.
    3. Our hospital capacity will likely be fine based on what we've seen so far as long as we don't allow large gatherings. And even then it's questionable if our hospitals would be overwhelmed.

So... why is everything still shut down? If we're gonna have to open it up later, why not just do it now?

I don't mean we have to be reckless, people should still avoid big gatherings where they can and take precautions like washing their hands or being careful if they're in a vulnerable demographic, but this total shutdown just doesn't make sense anymore. Just open it back up and tell people to use caution. Maybe hold off on concerts and sporting events, but that's it.

What about those of us who want to be reckless?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Let's lay out the facts:

Stay home.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,077
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Th
    Sledog said:

Let's lay out the facts:

Stay home.
    There’s an opportunity to show via numbers that staying home is actually what is reckless, not the opposite.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    What if I always washed my hands after taking a shit?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

What if you didn't?!
  • Options
    Founders Club

What if you didn't?!
    I even wash my hands after sticking a finger up some chicks ass
  • Options

What if you didn't?!
    Always knew you were a flamer
  • Options
    Founders Club

What if you didn't?!
    what part of "chick" do you not understand?
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,846
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What if you didn't?!
    Clearly the dude part.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    pawz said:

What if you didn't?!
    Clearly the dude part.
    Yep . We can read between the lines

My English degree at Oregon State taught me everything
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 179
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

What if you didn't?!
    Just one?