Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

what do we want? HERD IMMUNITY

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
when do we want it? NOW

once #ThePeople realize they control their own outcome and Freedom with #Intentionalinfection this shit will end.

#antibodyistheanswer

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The lesson of the Matrix is that we? are the virus

We scoff at bat viruses and make them our own and beat them. The herd gets a bit thinner but natural selection is science is it not?
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:
    If only a fraction of the what ifs in both of your articles are/were actually occuring. They aren't and perhaps I should have stopped reading the first article when the first sentence begins with "UW expert."

From your second article. Again, this isn't happening.

"It's also worth thinking about the repercussions of this disastrous scenario – the best estimates put COVID-19 infection fatality rate at around 0.5-1 percent. If 70 percent of an entire population gets sick, that means that between 0.35-0.7 percent of everyone in a country could die, which is a catastrophic outcome.

With something like 10 percent of all infections needing to be hospitalised, you'd also see an enormous number of people very sick, which has huge implications for the country as well."

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:
    If only a fraction of the what ifs in both of your articles are/were actually occuring. They aren't and perhaps I should have stopped reading the first article when the first sentence begins with "UW expert."

"It's also worth thinking about the repercussions of this disastrous scenario – the best estimates put COVID-19 infection fatality rate at around 0.5-1 percent. If 70 percent of an entire population gets sick, that means that between 0.35-0.7 percent of everyone in a country could die, which is a catastrophic outcome.

With something like 10 percent of all infections needing to be hospitalised, you'd also see an enormous number of people very sick, which has huge implications for the country as well."

Experts say..
  • Options
    Lol, first paragraph:

It's hard to predict things in a pandemic. The situation changes so much on a daily basis that everything I thought I knew last week is wrong by the end of the day. Things are changing so fast that even the solid certainties that I thought we were sure of – the reproductive rate, the symptoms of the infection, the key to making a good quarantine – are suspect and need to be re-evaluated.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,077
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

HHusky said:

Experts say..
    Just run rating the math is such a lazy approach.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    EXPERTS. snicker.

The smartest people in the world said 2.2 million dead in the US. And then some other smart people backtracked and said No, only 240,000 dead. And then those same smart people said, just joking, only 61,000 will die in the US.

The experts have flipped 180 on wearing masks, whether social distancing works or not. How it is transmitted, etc, etc.

There are no experts here. Only highly paid shills of Big Pharma that are simply winging it and acting in the interests of those that finance their 3rd home.

Shortly after the second plane hit the North Tower, one of the news anchors said, "We would like to get a Terrorism expert to comment. But today it's clear there are no experts in regards to predicting Terrorism"

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

EXPERTS. snicker.

The smartest people in the world said 2.2 million dead in the US. And then some other smart people backtracked and said No, only 240,000 dead. And then those same smart people said, just joking, only 61,000 will die in the US.

The experts have flipped 180 on wearing masks, whether social distancing works or not. How it is transmitted, etc, etc.

There are no experts here. Only highly paid shills of Big Pharma that are simply winging it and acting in the interests of those that finance their 3rd home.

Shortly after the second plane hit the North Tower, one of the news anchors said, "We would like to get a Terrorism expert to comment. But today it's clear there are no experts in regards to predicting Terrorism"

2.2 million was Daddy's figure if we just did nothing.

Recall we did in fact shut down. I was under the impression you'd noticed.
  • Options
    You really aren’t very bright, are you.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

EXPERTS. snicker.

That was your experts figure

Trump acted too late according to your crowd

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

You really aren’t very bright, are you.

You're right. By now I should have recognized there will be no intelligent replies.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

EXPERTS. snicker.

No dickwad, That was the EXPERT at Imperial College.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,007
    Swaye's Wigwam
    doogie said:

Lol, first paragraph:

It's hard to predict things in a pandemic. The situation changes so much on a daily basis that everything I thought I knew last week is wrong by the end of the day. Things are changing so fast that even the solid certainties that I thought we were sure of – the reproductive rate, the symptoms of the infection, the key to making a good quarantine – are suspect and need to be re-evaluated.

So, what they are saying is if you can't handle the ups and downs of a pandemic....