Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

See how many bites I get.....

The nation be outraged? 05 Super Bowl repeat? Think the office will overruled and award the Hawks the win? The NFL doesn't want Seattle in the Super Bowl.

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    20 rushes for 100 yards, of course we pass it 27 times
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,841 Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

You think they should have been running it on all those third and eights?

Christ.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    TheHB said:

dhdawg said:

Christ.
    I missed the game traveling, just looked at a statsheet, obviously didn't tell the whole story
    dhdawg said:

TheHB said:

dhdawg said:

Christ.
    I missed the game traveling, just looked at a statsheet, obviously didn't tell the whole story
    Yeah, I think if anyone who watched the game is being honest, they admit that Seattle couldn't run the ball. They had a couple good runs -- one with Marshawn and another with Wilson, but Arizona's defense was Pat Hill tuff. The Seahawks couldn't sustain anything offensively. The fat boys up front were overwhelmed from the get-go. Case in point: Seattle gets the ball on Arizona's 3 near the end of the first half after a turnover. Two Lynch runs got them a yard and a half. To think they were going to run the ball in on third down would be crazy based on the first two downs.

Arizona kicked Seattle's ass. No other way to put it.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    The passing game was a wreck. WR's didn't get open very often, Wilson missed some throws he typically makes, there were a couple tough catches where you can't fault guys for not making the play.

I don't agree that Arizona kicked Seattle's ass. Haushka misses a chip shot, Carson Palmer hit one pass in great coverage (great catch by Floyd), Turbin fumbles without contact, and a couple bang bang plays. Seattle didn't play well at all, but Arizona stole that one. It was a defensive game with basically inept offenses.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Also, as great as the defense is, all of the recent losses occurred because the defense gave up a very late score.

AZ- TD pass
    SF- Gore with the big run
    Indy- Luck made a go ahead drive with 2-3 mins left

ATL- gave up FG in last 30 seconds

Before that, Detroit & Miami scored very late TDs to take the lead.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Also, as great as the defense is, all of the recent losses occurred because the defense gave up a very late score.

AZ- TD pass

That's a good point. The Rams drove right down the field on them before failing inside the 10 earlier in the year too.
  • dhdawg said:

Two runs by Wilson for 32 so a little misleading there.

The passing game was a wreck. WR's didn't get open very often, Wilson missed some throws he typically makes, there were a couple tough catches where you can't fault guys for not making the play.

I don't agree that Arizona kicked Seattle's ass. Haushka misses a chip shot, Carson Palmer hit one pass in great coverage (great catch by Floyd), Turbin fumbles without contact, and a couple bang bang plays. Seattle didn't play well at all, but Arizona stole that one. It was a defensive game with basically inept offenses.

The eyeballs don't lie. Seattle was manhandled by Arizona's defense at the line of scrimmage. Whatever happened to Tuff Tom Cable? I'll give you that Arizona's offense didn't maul Seattle, but it did make plays when it had to -- in the (ahem) hardest place to play football in all of the world, no less.

I stand by the ass-kicking comment.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

AZ- TD pass

Interesting take.

I'm hearing most top 5 teams usually lose at the end of the game. If they got blown the fuck out, the probably wouldn't be top 5, comprende?

Pull your head out of your ass prior to typing