Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The best wines I’ve drunk in my coronavirus quarantine, so far

Comments

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Anderson Valley is my favorite area to visit right now, you can drive the whole thing in 15 minutes and there are ton of hidden gems.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020
    Just watched an ESPN:60 on Bledsoe losing his starting job due to injury to Brady.

Pretty funny stuff. Jeremy Schaap and Bledsoe getting sauced on vino and talking shit about Bellichek. Damon Huard makes some appearances as he was the third QB on the Patriots that season.

Bledsoe takes this wine shit seriously. He runs some serious smack on California wines. Schaap asks to compare various coaches and players to wines. Dude is quick witted.

And that Doubleback is goddamned delicious. Knocked back copious amounts of it and Leonetti at a charity event a few years back. Cuog knows how to turn good grape.

• Options

Just watched an ESPN:60 on Bledsoe losing his starting job due to injury to Brady.

Pretty funny stuff. Jeremy Schaap and Bledsoe getting sauced on vino and talking shit about Bellichek. Damon Huard makes some appearances as he was the third QB on the Patriots that season.

Bledsoe takes this wine shit seriously. He runs some serious smack on California wines. Schaap asks to compare various coaches and players to wines. Dude is quick witted.

And that Doubleback is goddamned delicious. Knocked back copious amounts of it and Leonetti at a charity event a few years back. Cuog knows how to turn good grape.

Cali wine can get old fast as a lot of the stuff that distributes widely has a pretty similar profile, but its hard to knock it when you put boots on the ground and find all the smaller producers doing more interesting things than cab and chard. Cali wine is stupid overpriced though.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I dumped Leonetti. Too pretentious and middling for the $. Go Long Shadows for special occasions. Tickles the palate without puncturing the wallet. For everyday fare, Mix Master Brian Carter delivers supple elixirs. Smooth finishes. Merlots that drink like Cabs and vise versa.
  • Options
    Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,310
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    In this economy? Franzia for the win
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bota box. My new favorite
  • Options
    Baseman said:

I dumped Leonetti. Too pretentious and middling for the $. Go Long Shadows for special occasions. Tickles the palate without puncturing the wallet. For everyday fare, Mix Master Brian Carter delivers supple elixirs. Smooth finishes. Merlots that drink like Cabs and vise versa.
    Like I said, I was at a charity thing - got way too drunk on Doubleback and Leonetti and spent way too much money on auction items.

I like Boone's Farm best.

• Options

Baseman said:

Like I said, I was at a charity thing - got way too drunk on Doubleback and Leonetti and spent way too much money on auction items.

You sound rich and unsophisticated. Ironic the Throbber posses two very important qualities Baseman finds attractive in women
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

You sound rich and unsophisticated. Ironic the Throbber posses two very important qualities Baseman finds attractive in women
    Or maybe the Throbber is poor and sophisticated. Maybe rich and sophisticated. Might be poor and unsophisticated.

You just never know.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,374
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm a long time Central Coast Pinot Noir drinker. Now hearing that I am pretentious and overpaying for wine. At Albertson's

The world will never be the same
  • Options

I'm a long time Central Coast Pinot Noir drinker. Now hearing that I am pretentious and overpaying for wine. At Albertson's

If you ever see any you should try Petaluma Gap pinots. Its a new appellation, like 2019 and they are my favorites. Fogline in particular is incredible:

http://petalumagap.com/wineries/
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,936
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m OR Pinot Noir or GTFO. We’ve gotten to know some of the owners and wine makers a bit.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Chinned for Longshadows
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like variety and containers that don't break when you are stinking drunk.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,916
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So two quick (not quick cause I’ve been drinking too much) stories.

Went to Vancouver. We weren’t drinking age in Redmond but were there. Right before the boarder my buddy gets spooked because I have yay and oxcy and I don’t remember. Snort some quick lines and eat the oxcy and cross the boarder. We apparently pick a Canadian holiday and can’t find a hotel so we park in an underground parking lot of some nice ass hotel. We get shitfaced and observe all Canadian women have ass for days. At this point we decide to find the street of whores and drugs. I find a guy to sell me some meth and shortly after that I brown out. Brown is not passing out but shit happens, a lot of shit, and life continues and you don’t remember shit. Apparently I ran across the street after scoring and my buddy can’t keep up.

I come back to reality and I’m in the precinct and the cop asks me to empty my pockets. I place a bag of meth on the table and realize I’m fucked. Cop asks what that is and I said I asked for some smoke thinking I was getting some weed and that’s what I get.

Cop takes that shit and puts it in his fucking pocket.

I get thrown in the drunk tank and next morning they release me. I have no fucking clue where I am and start walking towards what I believe to be where I came from. Catch a taxi and drive to down town and after 3-4 blocks we find the fucking hotel. I walk down and sure as shit there’s my buddy fucking passed out in his car.

We drive across the boarder and they stop us and take the bottle of bones that was for my mom.

I haven’t been to Canada since. Love that Canadian ass though. In a better state of mind I’d be sharing pictures but I was def a drug addict then.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,916
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Story, kinda a story, two.

My mom use to love her some Carlos rossi. Before I got back on my hustle, debts needed to be paid and actions forgiven, I had no money so id steal my parents get you fucked up meds and then fill my water with 3/4 Rossi and 1/4 juice and while we hung out in front of the house before we go to parties or drug houses, I would finish the Rossi.

This went on for awhile but never took more then a water bottle full as to not bring attention to me consuming moms feel good juice. She just thought she consumed more each night then she did.

CSB, I know.
  • Options

Shelton and Aberdeen are reknown for producing wonderful Pinots