Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Were number one.

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter

Given the political reality of a huge federal bureaucracy largely staffed with career leftards I don’t blame Trump for the lack of testing supplies, masks and other personal protective equipment and ventilators. As for the World Health Organization we would be better off burning our contribution to this corrupt chicom owned organization in a pile. The CDS had one job to do but preparing for a pandemic wasn’t as sexy as fat fighting or LGBTQ issues. What is clear is that the left is a pile of anti-American hacks who couldn’t keep a story straight if it was a three foot thick bar of stainless steel. Neither PIPS, Biden or Cuomo would have pulled the trigger on chicom travel to the US as soon as Trump. That alone leaves Trump the winner. Just because these are all true things doesn’t make me a Trumpster. Giving money to people who haven’t lost their jobs is a stupid waste. I’ll blame Trump, but none of the big government leftard dem elites and lots of RINOs wouldn’t have voted for the “stimulus” without that payoff.

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/

TO SAY WE’RE THE BEST PREPARED ISN’T TO SAY WE WERE WELL PREPARED, OF COURSE: U.S. rated No. 1 in the world for disaster readiness by Global Health Security Index: Johns Hopkins University source rates 195 nations. “The U.S. has a Global Health Security Index score that was 83.5 out of a possible 100 — the highest ranking in the analysis. Britain placed second with a score of 77.9, Netherlands third at 75.6., Australia fourth at 75.5 and Canada fifth at 75.3.”

I think it’s also worth pointing out that we’re not very good at preparing for things that happen every hundred years. The last comparable event was in 1918. So we pay people to prepare, but it’s like an army that hasn’t fought a war in a while — they go through the motions, but then have to learn on the job when something actually happens. I’ve been very critical of the CDC and the FDA for getting in the way, but nobody has a fire brigade ready to go for something that happens less than once in a lifetime.