Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hunter Bryant Fits Profile To Be Colts' New Field-Stretching Tight End

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    His speed is below average to be considered a Stretch
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    A good receiving TE sure. He’s not a field stretcher necessarily. It is dumb that field stretching automatically relates to speed. Being good at jump balls, breaking tackles. There are tons of ways to stretch the field. Burning a guy deep in the NFL is rare. It’s normally either schemed open or someone makes a great individual play.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    FireCohen said:

His speed is below average to be considered a Stretch

His speed will be fine once he gets away from FSP
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,938 Swaye's Wigwam
    Bryant has the speed to stretch the field. He didn't necessarily show it at the combine, but he showed it on the field regularly.

It was his hands that raised questions on the field last year, not his speed.
    chuck said:

Bryant has the speed to stretch the field. He didn't necessarily show it at the combine, but he showed it on the field regularly.

Spot on

chuck said:

He pissed me off against Stanford when he had the worst effort of the season on one pass and dropped the next on 4th down.
    Yep that was his worst game in an uneven season for sure
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

chuck said:

He pissed me off against Stanford when he had the worst effort of the season on one pass and dropped the next on 4th down.
    Hot take;

Blocking; Byrant > Otton

Hands; Otton > Bryant
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Hot take;

Blocking; Byrant > Otton

Hands; Otton > Bryant
    Hot taek:

Byrant > Bryant
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,509 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

He pissed me off against Cal when he didn't fight for a routine post in #BearTerritory that got picked in a game where that drive would have made the difference.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    haie said:

chuck said:

He pissed me off against Cal when he didn't fight for a routine post in #BearTerritory that got picked in a game where that drive would have made the difference.
    I was too busy being upset about Eason being called big dick for sliding when he could have easily gotten a first down in the first quarter.
  • BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    But did he play in the Vegas bowel?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Every player out of UW sucks ass