Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Movies for Wuhan Virus Isolation

LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,551
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
No sports is killing me - I have actually had to communicate with the pups and Mrs. Lebam. I don't go into the spare tv room to watch hours of sports so decided to watch a movie

Last night I chose "All the Money in the World"

the Hollywood fake story of what happened to John Paul Getty III.
Geez the old man was a cheap bastard. the script, of course, changed all the figures a little but the old man charged his son 4% interest to repay the ransom money irl.

Pretty good movie

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,890
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Watched 'Rocketman" the other night. Pretty entertaining. Sort of a funky/musical format but I liked it in a gay sort of way. NTTTAWWT, don't judge. Didn't like the way they ended it but Elton John and Bernie Taupin put out some jams. Dude from Kingsman: The Golden Circle is Elton John. Solid acting job and a decent singer.

I'd think a Billy Joel bio-pic would be pretty entertaining, too, especially naked scenes with Christie Brinkley (Margot Robbie).

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

Watched 'Rocketman" the other night. Pretty entertaining. Sort of a funky/musical format but I liked it in a gay sort of way. NTTTAWWT, don't judge. Didn't like the way they ended it but Elton John and Bernie Taupin put out some jams. Dude from Kingsman: The Golden Circle is Elton John. Solid acting job and a decent singer.

I'd think a Billy Joel bio-pic would be pretty entertaining, too, especially naked scenes with Christie Brinkley (Margot Robbie).

I dont see any reason to ruin the naked Christie Brinkley scenes by involving Billy Joel.

Also...last I saw, she was more than qualified to act her own nude scenes. No need to sub in Margot Robbie, but whynot both?dotgif
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    chuck said:

I dont see any reason to ruin the naked Christie Brinkley scenes by involving Billy Joel.

Also...last I saw, she was more than qualified to act her own nude scenes. No need to sub in Margot Robbie, but whynot both?dotgif
    ABUNDANCE!!!

More naked Margot Robbie > Less naked Margot Robbie.

See also the Naked Margot Robbie thread in the Wam. Only a buck twenty nine entrance fee.

(See what I did there, @YellowSnow ? )

• Options

28 Days Later, bitches

Starring Thomas FUCKING Shelby.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,483
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've recorded

All 7 of Basketball a love story
    Golf films on Hogan, Jack, and Tiger
    Recording Saturday in the South today for a rewatch. 7 episodes

Stacking up sports shows
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,630
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It occurs to me that someone promised a sports movie poll here. Does it not seem like this is the ideal time to go live?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Police Academies 1 through 7 are on Netflix.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I've recorded

All 7 of Basketball a love story
    Golf films on Hogan, Jack, and Tiger
    Recording Saturday in the South today for a rewatch. 7 episodes

Stacking up sports shows

Just watched The Women of Troy, @RaceBannon . Cheryl was a bad bad bitch. The GOAT.

Forgot that the McGee twins used to be pretty hot.

Prolly still wood. Though Pam > Paula

Disney+ is a good get right now - we Hulu Plus so it was a nobrainer add on - includes all the ESPN stuff including some other content not available over the air.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    one bad thing of being in the outskirts of a small town is no hi-speed internet for streaming, so Dish it is. although I do have tons of movies recorded - Mrs. Lebam has reality shows which I shy away from. Now, if Naked and Afraid was not blurred...
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hated rocket man. The dream sequence shit was awful. I was hoping the AIDS would win.
  • Options

I hated rocket man. The dream sequence shit was awful. I was hoping the AIDS would win.
    So should I mark you down as a 'no' for naked Margot Robbie/Christie Brinkley?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Wifey Hubby and I watched Outbreak the other night on Netflix. Hadn't seen it since it came out, forgot it has a pretty high profile cast. No especially impressive performances but an interesting enough storyline, especially given current events.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,315
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Wifey Hubby and I watched Outbreak the other night on Netflix. Hadn't seen it since it came out, forgot it has a pretty high profile cast. No especially impressive performances but an interesting enough storyline, especially given current events.

Not movie, but books: Anything by Richard Preston. Mentioned it in the book thread, I believe, but if you want to shit your pants right now, you should be finding as much of his stuff as possible. The Cobra Event is fiction and excellent. I don't read a lot of nonfiction, yet I absolutely enjoyed The Hot Zone and Demon in the Freezer. Writing about killer disease outbreaks is all this guy does.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Children of Men would be another solid feel-bad watch.

also Contagion
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Try a more cheerful movie - Mrs. Lebam and I watched "The Next Three Days"