Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

All 22 Eason/Offense Breakdown

ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
edited March 2020 in Hardcore Husky Board
https://youtu.be/PbBW-r3xVSs

Former NFL guy JT O'Sullivan has a pretty good YouTube channel and he's breaking down every pass against Oregon here. Long video and a lot of in depth scheme stuff, but some pretty interesting info. Highlights a lot of misses by Eason but also questions a lot of the design of our offense. Mentions all the shifts and motions making life difficult for QBs.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,561 Founders Club
    I'm halfway through this and it is pretty damning. It will make posters shake and on the verge of vomiting when they see the multiple missed easy touchdowns against Oregon. I'm not sure whether to place blame on Eason or the coaches, but my inclination is to blame Eason 30% and the coaches 70%.

Eason's success in the NFL will depend on him being coachable.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    That was really interesting and had some good non-QB takeaways as well.

- Ahmed was a horrible blocker
    - Bynum is probably going to be quite good
    - Nacua needs to keep learning the playbook
    - Bacellia actually did beat someone deep in his career (but didn't get thrown to), however he still sucks

This also further confirmed that Pete & Bush neutered Eason's greatest strength. I have to believe that Eason threw so many check downs because the coaches told him to protect the ball, and thus he was getting through his reads too quickly and not looking for the deep ball. Not throwing deep allowed Oregon to play a lot more cloud coverage close to the line, taking away our crossing routes and slants. This was so frustrating to re-watch.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,354 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    Woof said:

- Bacellia actually did beat someone deep in his career (but didn't get thrown to), however he still sucks

This also further confirmed that Pete & Bush neutered Eason's greatest strength. I have to believe that Eason threw so many check downs because the coaches told him to protect the ball, and thus he was getting through his reads too quickly and not looking for the deep ball. Not throwing deep allowed Oregon to play a lot more cloud coverage close to the line, taking away our crossing routes and slants. This was so frustrating to re-watch.

Also noticed he tends to get manhandled a bit. For a guy of his build, he needs to be a bit tougher on cornerbacks.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

Woof said:

Also noticed he tends to get manhandled a bit. For a guy of his build, he needs to be a bit tougher on cornerbacks.
    Yep. It was a small set plays, but he seemed to either run the wrong route, get manhandled/bumped off his route, or make a huge play.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Woof said:

It's a great video. I put 50% on Eason, 50% on staff. Bottom line he has the ball in his hand every play. There are some QBs who would hit those passes. He should be that guy, but he's not.

It's a stupid offense though. He didn't throw to Baccellia on the deep pass because he was sick of throwing to Baccellia. Total dysfunction.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    edited March 2020

I'm halfway through this and it is pretty damning. It will make posters shake and on the verge of vomiting when they see the multiple missed easy touchdowns against Oregon. I'm not sure whether to place blame on Eason or the coaches, but my inclination is to blame Eason 30% and the coaches 70%.

Eason's success in the NFL will depend on him being coachable.

Washington can tell its story without Oregon.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited March 2020
    Biggest takeaway - Damone was right. Some saw it earlier than tge Oregon game.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    Gladstone said:

Was not expecting the video to leave me in a state of deep, seething anger. A bit of an existential crisis. My first memory of anything is UW winning the national championship in January of 1992. I got a taste and will never taste it again lol

JFC, find a beach stat.