Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hey Owl

SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
When I was flying a few weeks back the TSA "detained" me in order for me to go through secondary screening. Using your Kunt logic, I was "arrested" right?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,219
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

When I was flying a few weeks back the TSA "detained" me in order for me to go through secondary screening. Using your Kunt logic, I was "arrested" right?

The first six crotch searches are consensual.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

That would be one of maybe 50 word choices you could use, so yes you could say that.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,464
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

SFGbob said:

That would be one of maybe 50 word choices you could use, so yes you could say that.
    Two different words with two different meanings.

Detained means situations like a traffic or subject stop. You are being detained. You're not under arrest but are not free to leave.

Arrested means you're technically in custody and not free to leave and are restrained from leaving which usually involves handcuffs and transport.

But one can be detained and handcuffed if the situation warrants it for safety.

Hope that clears everything up.