Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to the Shoppe

Anybody fuck with fortified wines? I am deep into the Sherry game and its incredible. Anybody fuck with vermouth?

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020

Anybody fuck with fortified wines? I am deep into the Sherry game and its incredible. Anybody fuck with vermouth?

On two separate occasions, one personal and one professional, the Throbber got ridiculously fucked up on fortified wines. One time was at a basketball game vs. USC. Just totally smashed talking shit to Randy Johnson. The other time was a work event where they sampled all that crap and things got away from me on an empty stomach.

That is some nasty juice. And by fortified wine, you mean MD 20/20, Thunderbird, Night Train and assorted other shit you can find on the bottom shelf of some convenience stores.

• Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

On two separate occasions, one personal and one professional, the Throbber got ridiculously fucked up on fortified wines. One time was at a basketball game vs. USC. Just totally smashed talking shit to Randy Johnson. The other time was a work event where they sampled all that crap and things got away from me on an empty stomach.

That is some nasty juice. And by fortified wine, you mean MD 20/20, Thunderbird, Night Train and assorted other shit you can find on the bottom shelf of some convenience stores.

God I hope your work actually did set up an MD and Thunderbird tasting
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742

IFL 10 year old Old Tawny Ports. Great substitute for whisky for a night cap.

@Dennis_DeYoung (RIP) before he got too kewl for HH had a profound influence on my understanding of vermouth. Really helped up my cocktail game by focusing on fresh, high end vermouth.

Im finding I like sherry more all around, there is way more variety than port. The majority of them are actually dry and the sweet one (pedro ximenez) is unbelievable poured over ice cream.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,044
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

IFL 10 year old Old Tawny Ports. Great substitute for whisky for a night cap.

@Dennis_DeYoung (RIP) before he got too kewl for HH had a profound influence on my understanding of vermouth. Really helped up my cocktail game by focusing on fresh, high end vermouth.

Im finding I like sherry more all around, there is way more variety than port. The majority of them are actually dry and the sweet one (pedro ximenez) is unbelievable poured over ice cream.
    I’ve only had sherry a few times. I liked it and need to explore it
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,948

God I hope your work actually did set up an MD and Thunderbird tasting
    It actually did.

The Throbber has led an interesting life.

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031

Anybody fuck with

10 year old

@rythmicslappingdawg might want to chime in here.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,245
    Founders Club

I'll fuck anything

Any port in a storm?
    The name of Hardcore Husky's new wine?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think I got proposed to over a pitcher of Logie flips - bottle of loganberry wine and top off with beer for those who don't know quality - so I think that counts as fortified wine.

also this thread makes me feel better about drink wine out of a large black box (no I am not referring to a female perverts)
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606

LebamDawg said:

I think I got proposed to over a pitcher of Logie flips - bottle of loganberry wine and top off with beer for those who don't know quality - so I think that counts as fortified wine.

also this thread makes me feel better about drink wine out of a large black box (no I am not referring to a female perverts)

I love Black Box and Bota Box. It’s like shitty $6 wine but at $4 a bottle price.
    The math checks out
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Unless you’ve drunk beer out of a rugby shoe you’ve got no reason to be embarrassed by the vessels from which you’ve drunk.
    @UW_Doog_Bot ?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

I love Black Box and Bota Box. It’s like shitty $6 wine but at $4 a bottle price.
    The math checks out
    4 bottles per box. Usually $15.99 at TW.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,555
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

The math checks out
    4 bottles per box. Usually $15.99 at TW.
    $12.99 at the Warrenton Costco makes me a cheap drunk