Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is Donovan the worst on paper OC P5 hire of the modern era?

Find me a P5 OC hire that screamed 'categorical failure' more than Donovan. Remember, unproven OCs or 1st-time OCs at least give you the "I hope he turns out good" card to play. With Donovan you have multiple instances of extreme incompetence, including finishing 111th at PSU which is a program very similar to ours in the Big Ten. And then rotting away in the NFL as the secretarial assistant to the running backs coach of a dead, soon-to-be-fired staff. It's a 0/10. Not even a 1/10.

Comments

• insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    Rather easily. The mob is going to call for his head after we lose 10-3 to Michigan.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Rather easily. The mob is going to call for his head after we lose 10-3 to Michigan.

especially when Michigan's 10 points come off 1) a pick six and 2) running a kick off back to our 1 yard line and the D holds them for 3 straight and Mich kicks the field goal.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    Blind hope us better than no hope

Donovan is down my list. If Jimmy is head coaching material the rest will fall in line
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,465 Founders Club

Blind hope us better than no hope

Donovan is down my list. If Jimmy is head coaching material the rest will fall in line

At least Jimmy isn't referring to Donovan as "the best offensive coordinator in the country". We've got that going for us.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Gladstone said:

Ugh.

I cannot think of a single redeeming quality about the hire. Just blind hope, except usually in cases of blind hope there aren't so many negative data points in place already.

If it actually works out, Jimmy will come out looking beyond genius. In all likelihood though, he's just going to look dumb.

One of the most concerning aspects is that Donovan has almost no experience developing QB’s. Sometimes the QB obsession by coordinator’s and offensive minds can be frustrating, but it’s important and Donovan’s lack of experience in that area is almost as concerning as the offenses he coached at Penn State.
    Especially concerning because, well, you know, he's the QB coach despite the lack of credentials.