Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Daniel Jeremiah's draft thoughts on Jacob Eason

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I agree Hondo, but air raid QB’s had typically struggled in the NFL. Now it doesn’t matter as much. Mahomes did put up crazy numbers tho and his athleticism is really good, so a scout who studies this stuff should have been able to figure out that the kid was pretty fucking good.

The worst thing is genuinely believing Trubisky was better than Watson. Watson played in the same conference and was better by the eye test, stats, winning, etc. He played great against Alabama two years in a row when no other QB’s had. He’s far from the best QB in the league, but he’s a good one and it shouldn’t be surprising to anyone.

How the fuck could a GM or owner sign off on Trubisky over Watson? Anyone that watched either play knew Watson was better.

Chicago GM are racist POS, I fucking hate them. That gave up 2 number ones to get that white POS of a QB. Mahones was gamble but Watson was true winner. He should have been the pick
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

I agree Hondo, but air raid QB’s had typically struggled in the NFL. Now it doesn’t matter as much. Mahomes did put up crazy numbers tho and his athleticism is really good, so a scout who studies this stuff should have been able to figure out that the kid was pretty fucking good.

The worst thing is genuinely believing Trubisky was better than Watson. Watson played in the same conference and was better by the eye test, stats, winning, etc. He played great against Alabama two years in a row when no other QB’s had. He’s far from the best QB in the league, but he’s a good one and it shouldn’t be surprising to anyone.

How the fuck could a GM or owner sign off on Trubisky over Watson? Anyone that watched either play knew Watson was better.

Yeah exactly. It's hard to pick up who is going to do well in the NFL. College windows are bigger, pockets bigger, athletes slower, etc. Mahomes also got the benefit of sitting for a year, which I think Eason will need.

What's funny about trubisky, even after a couple years in the NFL, people still said he was a good QB.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    2001400ex said:

Yeah exactly. It's hard to pick up who is going to do well in the NFL. College windows are bigger, pockets bigger, athletes slower, etc. Mahomes also got the benefit of sitting for a year, which I think Eason will need.

What's funny about trubisky, even after a couple years in the NFL, people still said he was a good QB.
    I don’t think sitting really has anything to do with Mahomes success. It probably helps to have a better understanding of the playbook, but if you can play, you can play. I get your point, but I just think that’s some shit coaches and gm’s say when it works. Other QB’s sit and they still suck. He would have been good as a rookie.

It would have been tough to bench Alex Smith because he was leading them to the playoffs every year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

2001400ex said:

I don’t think sitting really has anything to do with Mahomes success. It probably helps to have a better understanding of the playbook, but if you can play, you can play. I get your point, but I just think that’s some shit coaches and gm’s say when it works. Other QB’s sit and they still suck. He would have been good as a rookie.

It would have been tough to bench Alex Smith because he was leading them to the playoffs every year.
    It wasn’t so much sitting for a year but more that he went to a team with a good roster. Most guys go to shit teams and are forced to play immediately with shit talent around them.

I keep seeing mock drafts with the Chargers taking Herbert. That’s not a bad situation for a rookie considering they have Keenan Allen as the number 1 WR and still have Melvin Gordon at RB although he’s probably gone in free agency. Compare that Joe Burroughs going to the Bengals. Joe Mixon is good and you have Husky legend John Ross but he’s been hurt or otherwise inactive for most of his 2 years.
    Exactly. Only reason to sit a young QB is if your OL sucks or you have somebody better. A QB getting hit and skittish in the pocket will ruin them.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    dnc said:

Imagine thinking someone with Eason's mobility is the next Pat Mahomes.

Yet you tards shitted on me when I said this months ago.

“Oh, like Tom Brady?”

Fuck all of you. I’m right. I’m always right.