Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

After successful Senior Bowl, what Justin Herbert is working on ahead of NFL combine

Comments

• Options
    ramenduckramenduck Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I wish him well in the NFL and had almost equal amounts fun and frustration watching him. Good kid and program ambassador. But given his limitations, I don't think Oregon will miss a beat. Things he should have understood as a senior and 4-year starter seemed to elude him, and that doesn't get easier at the next level. Quite the opposite in fact.

I would love to be wrong.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ramenduck said:

I wish him well in the NFL and had almost equal amounts fun and frustration watching him. Good kid and program ambassador. But given his limitations, I don't think Oregon will miss a beat. Things he should have understood as a senior and 4-year starter seemed to elude him, and that doesn't get easier at the next level. Quite the opposite in fact.

I feel the same about Eason. If you aren’t very successful at a lower level, it’s not likely at the next level. I always tell people that when they say high school doesn’t matter. Kids aren’t going to underwhelm in high school and all of sudden be great at the next level.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    ramenduck said:

Herbie's career took place in a program that wasn't exactly a paragon of stability. He certainly tried to do too much at times, which always bites you in the ass unless you're that kind of player, and he isn't. But throwing the ball away and developing a sense of the pocket are things he can get better at. His time at Oregon wasn't exactly ideal from a preparation stand-point. If he can hold a clipboard somewhere and play behind a solid veteran he has a chance. If he has to go in and be the man on some shit team, it'll break him and his career will be short.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    ramenduck said:

Anymore it depends as much on the situation they get drafted into as it does on their talent. Both QBs playing in the Super Bowl Sunday got drafted into very stable situations where they could sit and learn instead of being throw to the wolves right out of the gate. I hope Herbert falls in the draft and gets picked by a team that lets him sit and learn for a year or two, then maybe he has a chance...