Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    ntxduck said:

Cal doing wonders for the conference’s rep agreeing to an away game only. I expect that from Oregon state and WSU. Not anyone else

I am positive this is a direct suggestion by Larry Scott to get a 9am PDT game on tv for lots of free pub while our sleepy lil' guys get speed bagged in front of a national audience.

After this game look for an uptick in West Coast recruiting

for Notre Dame.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

Cal doing wonders for the conference’s rep agreeing to an away game only. I expect that from Oregon state and WSU. Not anyone else

This just in. Pictures of Larry Scott bringing blue blood teams to the west coast for a home and home.

The rep of the West coast is dead. The frenzy has already begun. The center will not hold.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited January 2020
    I actually love this play from Kal. Notre Dame is a paper giant. They play a fringe top 20 team on the road, and if they lose respectfully it's a win. If they win (would not shock me), they'll get credit like they beat a Florida or Oklahoma on the road.

Much better than the bullshit Oregon did, scheduling ND St. to open the season. ND St. would be a fringe top 25 team in FBS, but they gain nothing by beating them and lose everything by losing to them.

And yes, Oregon could absolutely lose their opener with a new QB to ND St. Which would knock the Pac12 down to depth we haven't yet seen. Nothing like the conference flag bearer losing to an FCS team at home to kick off the season for the Pac12.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

ntxduck said:

This just in. Pictures of Larry Scott bringing blue blood teams to the west coast for a home and home.

The rep of the West coast is dead. The frenzy has already begun. The center will not hold.
    West coast has been dead. UW attendance was.only good during DJ's years and the fading memories thereafter.

WSU attendance is laughable

Oregon ia great but only since they started winning. Look how fast it dropped during the last blip.

OSU - see WSU without the excuse of being at the edge of civilization

Cal/Stan - embarrassing for the Bay Area

UCLA - have they ever sold out the Rose Bowl? Maybe a handful of times ever

SC - Coliseum sucks (haven't seen the remodel) but it's still in South Central LA. Fans only care if they are 13-0

ASU - mediocre but look like juggernauts compared to the rest of the conference

AZ - literally no one cares and it's in the shithole that is Tucson

Colorado - 20k fans still wear Salaam jerseys. Admin dgaf

Utah - good crowd but small stadium. Still new to P5 schools visiting Rice Eccles.