Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Return of the Hardcore Husky Podcast

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,396 Founders Club
After a four-year hiatus, I'm pleased to announce that the Hardcore Husky Podcast will be returning soon. Our first episode will be recorded this Saturday, and published soon after. It will feature Baseman and myself.

The original HH podcast was discontinued in 2016. In the wake of my sister's passing, some personal things going on, and my lack of enthusiasm for UW football, I was burned out Peterman-style. So I decided to pull the plug and cut back on my obligations. (DeLarry and I even started a Tennessee Vols podcast, which lasted about three episodes, before I was like "what the hell am I doing?").

But here we are in 2020, and I'm in a much better place mentally. My interest in UW football is also coming back, slowly but surely.

There are a couple of people whom I wish to acknowledge. First off, @GrundleStiltzkin has been encouraging me behind the scenes to get back to doing the podcast. That planted a seed in my brain and made me more open to the possibility. Secondly, I would like to acknowledge @Baseman, for approaching me at the right time with the idea of bringing back the show. He'll be producing it with high quality equipment and software.

My concern heading into this is that the marketplace is oversaturated with podcasts. It seems like everyone and their autistic brother has a podcast. What would be the point of starting another?

But as Grumble Splitskin helped me realize, the marketplace is indeed teeming with shitty content... But as a big fan of podcasts, I have trouble finding football shows that are high in quality. Now, there's no guarantee that our show won't be yet another log tossed upon the raging bonfire of shitty podcasts. But Baseman and I did a trial run 2-3 weeks ago, and it went well. At the very least, I feel like our show won't suck. Kind of like the outlook for Husky Football.

The first couple of shows will feature Baseman and I. After we get the improved logistics of recording the show down, we will be bringing in former Husky @MikeMonan as the third co-host. For those who remember Mike from the previous podcast, you know that he's very knowledgable and funny as hell. A great guy.

As we move into late spring and summer, don't be surprised if we start having some guests on from the HH boards. I'm envisioning a corner table at a south end restaurant, with a roundtable discussion on UW football and stuff going on from the Hardcore Husky forums. I'm picturing me, Baseman and @koopdog shooting the shit, and then twenty minutes into the show, @TommySQC shows up, all loud and apologetic.

Time will tell how the show goes. But I'm looking forward to it. This time around, I think it will serve as an excellent vehicle to further enliven this little petri dish of humanity we call Hardcore Husky.

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Did I get a shout out
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Stalin is out for blood, looking to shutdown BDTW
  • TheDawgFan1227TheDawgFan1227 Member Posts: 335
    When I get my guest appearance episode I want to the episode to focus on sports and be introduced as Bernard.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    Will @dooginthehall or @SECDAWG be making an appearance?
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,906 Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m hoping DJ has transformed himself into a technically gifted podder.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

After a four-year hiatus, I'm pleased to announce that the Hardcore Husky Podcast will be returning soon. Our first episode will be recorded this Saturday, and published soon after. It will feature Baseman and myself.

The original HH podcast was discontinued in 2016. In the wake of my sister's passing, some personal things going on, and my lack of enthusiasm for UW football, I was burned out Peterman-style. So I decided to pull the plug and cut back on my obligations. (DeLarry and I even started a Tennessee Vols podcast, which lasted about three episodes, before I was like "what the hell am I doing?").

But here we are in 2020, and I'm in a much better place mentally. My interest in UW football is also coming back, slowly but surely.

There are a couple of people whom I wish to acknowledge. First off, @GrundleStiltzkin has been encouraging me behind the scenes to get back to doing the podcast. That planted a seed in my brain and made me more open to the possibility. Secondly, I would like to acknowledge @Baseman, for approaching me at the right time with the idea of bringing back the show. He'll be producing it with high quality equipment and software.

My concern heading into this is that the marketplace is oversaturated with podcasts. It seems like everyone and their autistic brother has a podcast. What would be the point of starting another?

But as Grumble Splitskin helped me realize, the marketplace is indeed teeming with shitty content... But as a big fan of podcasts, I have trouble finding football shows that are high in quality. Now, there's no guarantee that our show won't be yet another log tossed upon the raging bonfire of shitty podcasts. But Baseman and I did a trial run 2-3 weeks ago, and it went well. At the very least, I feel like our show won't suck. Kind of like the outlook for Husky Football.

The first couple of shows will feature Baseman and I. After we get the improved logistics of recording the show down, we will be bringing in former Husky @MikeMonan as the third co-host. For those who remember Mike from the previous podcast, you know that he's very knowledgable and funny as hell. A great guy.

As we move into late spring and summer, don't be surprised if we start having some guests on from the HH boards. I'm envisioning a corner table at a south end restaurant, with a roundtable discussion on UW football and stuff going on from the Hardcore Husky forums. I'm picturing me, Baseman and @koopdog shooting the shit, and then twenty minutes into the show, @TommySQC shows up, all loud and apologetic.

Time will tell how the show goes. But I'm looking forward to it. This time around, I think it will serve as an excellent vehicle to further enliven this little petri dish of humanity we call Hardcore Husky.

This is all contingent on a psychiatric review of the involved parties. There's some stuff going on behind the scenes I can't get into but this is far from a done deal.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
    Love it I'm a big podcast listener. I enjoy even sucky ones because different people help centre my opinion on things. Look forward to it.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Love it I'm a big podcast listener. I enjoy even sucky ones because differentstupid people help centre my opinion on thingsme feel smart. Look forward to it.

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,396 Founders Club
    FireCohen said:

Stalin is out for blood, looking to shutdown BDTW

Not at all. I wish them well. In fact, I had lunch with Coker a couple weeks ago.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,396 Founders Club

When I get my guest appearance episode I want to the episode to focus on sports and be introduced as Bernard.

Need to enter Swaye's Wigwam first my brother