Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Zion

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Putting on a show...

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Fat

If he doesn't shed 15 pounds, I don't think he'll play more than 40 games a season
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    ntxduck said:

Fat

If he doesn't shed 15 pounds, I don't think he'll play more than 40 games a season
    Tough to do in the best food town in the country, if not the world.

#jacque-imos
    #dookychase

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fat

He looks like he leans weird run he runs, and the guy is thiiiiicccc as F. Oden career, incoming.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When I made my post I had given up on the game and missed his magical 4 minutes

But he is fat and he won't stay healthy at that weight

That's the only part I caught - totally forgot about it and tuned in with about 10 minutes left in the game.

I think his weight is an issue - but there's been fat guys forever in the NBA. I do believe there is a cumulative effect on the body for essentially playing year-round in AAU/travel/school ball since a young age - and that's what's causes injury. The body never has time to really just chill and regenerate. Even more pronounced on the women's side.

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    ntxduck said:

Fat

If he doesn't shed 15 30 pounds, I don't think he'll play more than 40 games a season
    playing at 287 at 6'6" in the NBA is insane.

He is the 3rd heaviest NBA player, only Boban Marjanovic (7'4" 290lbs) and Tacko Fall (7'5" 311lbs) weigh more.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

That's the only part I caught - totally forgot about it and tuned in with about 10 minutes left in the game.

I think his weight is an issue - but there's been fat guys forever in the NBA. I do believe there is a cumulative effect on the body for essentially playing year-round in AAU/travel/school ball since a young age - and that's what's causes injury. The body never has time to really just chill and regenerate. Even more pronounced on the women's side.

Not fat guys who’s game solely relies on fast twitch and bounce, though. Big difference on the knees between a plodding center and a slashing wing like zion
    ntxduck said:

Not fat guys who’s game solely relies on fast twitch and bounce, though. Big difference on the knees between a plodding center and a slashing wing like zion
    Barkley played for 15 years. Barkley didn't play year 'round growing up in the 70's, I can guarantee you that.

Barkley doesn't have bounce today. Don't twist.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

Barkley played for 15 years. Barkley didn't play year 'round growing up in the 70's, I can guarantee you that.

Barkley doesn't have bounce today. Don't twist.

Barkley played at 250 lbs in the post. Not 287 lbs as an explosive wing player.

I do agree about the AAU thing, though. Guys break down much earlier, or need to do load management, because of year-round youth sports. It wasn't that long ago that all the stars in the league played the full 82 game schedule without bitching. Respect to LeBron on that point.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Zion might have a smaller window for dominance but he’s going to be great for at least a few years in his prime. He’s still incredibly explosive and even if he game gets grounded, he has the strength and seems to have developed as a shooter.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I watched NO on Sunday. That's not a bad team with Zion healthy