Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bush Hamdumb to Missouri

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam

I know you are being sarcastic but I put a disclaimer at the top
  • MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 925
    edited January 2020
    I'm not going to miss Hamdan as our OC, but I will miss posting about how much he looks like Jon Lovits

https://youtu.be/pkYNBwCEeH4?t=5
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,788
    He might be a good assistant or position coach. Terrible OC. Good riddance anyway.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    They not going to make him an OC there
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,489 Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

They not going to make him an OC there

It just means more.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Missouri’s new coach is the geekiest head coach I’ve seen in awhile. I’ll be surprised if he does well.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

He might be a good assistant or position coach. Terrible OC. Good riddance anyway.

Pete wore this dude out. He was a fun loving guy as a WR coach. He went to the NFL and became our coordinator and became a no personality coach that always looked worn out.
    That happens when you are constantly stressed because you are under performing.

Most of the defensive coaches don’t come across that way. Jimmy Is always jovial and energetic.

If Bush was good at his job he likely would have been too.

LawDawg1 said:

Pete wore this dude out. He was a fun loving guy as a WR coach. He went to the NFL and became our coordinator and became a no personality coach that always looked worn out.

Most of the defensive coaches don’t come across that way. Jimmy Is always jovial and energetic.

Bob Gregory has worse year than bush
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter
    I said most.

Also. I think bob is coasting at this stage of his career.
    edited January 2020
    FireCohen said:

LawDawg1 said:

Tallest midget. Both were bad and greatly contributed to the losses this year.

I would give Gregory a little more benefit of the doubt because the depth was really hurt by transfers and injuries. He certainly played the wrong guys with Manu, Sirmon, and Tafisi early. Ulofoshio should have gotten a shot before 2/3rds on the season was over.

Then again, Bush had to run Pete’s offense and nobody was has done well with it since Kellen Moore left Boise and 2016.

I’ll stick with they both sucked.

FireCohen said:

LawDawg1 said:

I would give Gregory a little more benefit of the doubt because the depth was really hurt by transfers and injuries. He certainly played the wrong guys with Manu, Sirmon, and Tafisi early. Ulofoshio should have gotten a shot before 2/3rds on the season was over.

Then again, Bush had to run Pete’s offense and nobody was has done well with it since Kellen Moore left Boise and 2016.

bob did run some dude out of the program and failed to build depth. Also would have helped to have a RS senior year for BBK
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744

Missouri’s new coach is the geekiest head coach I’ve seen in awhile. I’ll be surprised if he does well.

Solid analysis.

Can I get a r^2 on geekiness and winning%?
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

LawDawg1 said:

bob did run some dude out of the program and failed to build depth. Also would have helped to have a RS senior year for BBK
    I don’t even think Eifler would have helped much. He’s not good, but considering what we ran out there, he’s an upgrade. He left because he wasn’t going to play in 2018 behind BBK, Tevis (could have redshirted too), Beavers, and probably Wellington.

Same with Kaho. He was beat out by two true freshmen at Bama and probably will hit the portal himself at some point.

Bob’s recruiting misses, transfers, injuries, and personnel choices all led to the bad ILB play. Wellington didn’t develop like the coaches expected either.

Bob probably deserves to be fired, but I also think he’s been mostly good as a position coach before last year. I’m not obsessed with firing him like many. The worst is behind us and we will be much improved at ILB this year.

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

LawDawg1 said:

I don’t even think Eifler would have helped much. He’s not good, but considering what we ran out there, he’s an upgrade. He left because he wasn’t going to play in 2018 behind BBK, Tevis (could have redshirted too), Beavers, and probably Wellington.

Same with Kaho. He was beat out by two true freshmen at Bama and probably will hit the portal himself at some point.

Bob’s recruiting misses, transfers, injuries, and personnel choices all led to the bad ILB play. Wellington didn’t develop like the coaches expected either.

Bob probably deserves to be fired, but I also think he’s been mostly good as a position coach before last year. I’m not obsessed with firing him like many. The worst is behind us and we will be much improved at ILB this year.
    I don’t know. As a husky fan I have grown to accustom to watching a incompetent offense and a good defense. But watching this year defense was so heart breaking because the DL and DB played fine but everything ruined because the LB were horrible. I never thought that I could hate a player more than Psalm, but beef Wellington and manu ran away with that trophy
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    Anyone know what they're paying him, since apparently saving money this off-season ranks on the priority list?