Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shocking development

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
My wife was watching the Rose parade (sure Race) and a float came by with a bunch of former MVPs

" And there is Jackie Robinson from Washington"

Dude he's from UCLA and he's dead. I called him a fucking idiot and got glared at.

Jaques. MVP of both the Rose and Orange.

Show some respect

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,350 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020

My wife was watching the Rose parade (sure Race) and a float came by with a bunch of former MVPs

Dude he's from UCLA and he's dead. I called him a fucking idiot and got glared at.

Show some respect

I had to read that three times before I got it....I must be still hungover from NYE
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    instead of being mean to her why didn't you just turn it into a teachable moment?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Meek said:

instead of being mean to her why didn't you just turn it into a teachable moment?

It was the broadcaster who called him Jackie, not the ageless one's wife.
  • picalogestabopicalogestabo Member Posts: 651
    Letter in 4 sports at UCLA > MVP of Orange and Rose Bowl
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited January 2020
    She sounds like a rose bowl watching prop.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005

Show some respect

Other thing about Jacque is that he throws good genes. Nate was Nate, and apparently his kid is looking like he'll be a beast in hoops. Has Dad's explosiveness but taller. That's the funny part ... Jacque wasn't fast or explosive. Just strong and ran hard with good vision. Nate was a completely different kind of athalete.
    dnc said:

Meek said:

It was the broadcaster who called him Jackie, not the ageless one's wife.
    I read it that way first tim through too. Then I remembered that Race is scared of Mrs. Bannon and wouldn't think of calling her a fucking idiot.

Show some respect

Other thing about Jacque is that he throws good genes. Nate was Nate, and apparently his kid is looking like he'll be a beast in hoops. Has Dad's explosiveness but taller. That's the funny part ... Jacque wasn't fast or explosive. Just strong and ran hard with good vision. Nate was a completely different kind of athalete.
    Sorry @dnc ... wrote this w/o reading your post. I tend to have the attention span of a gerbil and often post before completely reading through the thread.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,702 Founders Club
    The legend of Jacque begins with him on the bench most of his Freshman year. James notices he was kicking everyone's ass in bowl practices and went with him. He won the MVP

Its true that there was nothing special about him. Probably a 4.5 or 4.6 guy. Not real big but every time he ran he was going forward and gaining extra yards. The thing he gave Nate is to not worry about your size, just get out there and ball.

Kind of a quiet career until the Orange Bowl his senior year where he was MVP again.

Big time players make big time plays in big games.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

Yeah like I'd say that to my wife and live

sorry i didn't pick up on that part... i thought you... never mind. Sorry.