Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Do you care about democracy?

UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,273
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
"If it does not bother you to learn that the FBI repeatedly and deliberately deceived the FISA court into granting it permission to spy on a U.S. citizen in the middle of a presidential campaign, then it is virtually certain that you are either someone with no principles, someone who cares only about partisan advantage and nothing about basic civil liberties and the rule of law, or both. There is simply no way for anyone of good faith to read this IG Report and reach any conclusion other than that this is yet another instance of the FBI abusing its power in severe ways to subvert and undermine U.S. democracy. If you don’t care about that, what do you care about?"

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/12/the-inspector-generals-report-on-2016-fb-i-spying-reveals-a-scandal-of-historic-magnitude-not-only-for-the-fbi-but-also-the-u-s-media/?fbclid=IwAR09_yeI_qVd1pU7oi_7xvyW9tJtDLjE4fxDDGBNjRXCcMmO49o7PqZNkjo

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

"If it does not bother you to learn that the FBI repeatedly and deliberately deceived the FISA court into granting it permission to spy on a U.S. citizen in the middle of a presidential campaign, then it is virtually certain that you are either someone with no principles, someone who cares only about partisan advantage and nothing about basic civil liberties and the rule of law, or both. There is simply no way for anyone of good faith to read this IG Report and reach any conclusion other than that this is yet another instance of the FBI abusing its power in severe ways to subvert and undermine U.S. democracy. If you don’t care about that, what do you care about?"

https://theintercept.com/2019/12/12/the-inspector-generals-report-on-2016-fb-i-spying-reveals-a-scandal-of-historic-magnitude-not-only-for-the-fbi-but-also-the-u-s-media/?fbclid=IwAR09_yeI_qVd1pU7oi_7xvyW9tJtDLjE4fxDDGBNjRXCcMmO49o7PqZNkjo

I think most people, including me, do care about it. However, most sane people also realize that there was no evidence that Obama or Hillary were involved and no one spied on Trump's campaign. Both assertions your news media pumped for 3 years and is now trying to defend.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The left does not

As has been proven once again by this blatant abuse of power that alleged liberals like the bear applaud because their team did it

Disgusting

Its the same fucking FBI that spied on MLK and called him a Russian agent. The playbook never changes

The only thing that has changed is the leftists use it for their ends now

Stoke and his bitch didn't decide to do this on their own and Comey wasn't the top. The lack of any curiosity speaks volumes after the lefties spent three years lying and denying it happened

So tell me who is really helping Putin? According to the democrats own witness it is the democrats by sowing distrust in our election and our President

Your news source is lying to you Race.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,496
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The left does not

As has been proven once again by this blatant abuse of power that alleged liberals like the bear applaud because their team did it

Disgusting

Its the same fucking FBI that spied on MLK and called him a Russian agent. The playbook never changes

Stoke and his bitch didn't decide to do this on their own and Comey wasn't the top. The lack of any curiosity speaks volumes after the lefties spent three years lying and denying it happened

So tell me who is really helping Putin? According to the democrats own witness it is the democrats by sowing distrust in our election and our President

Your news source is lying to you Race.
    Christianity Today is my news source
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

The left does not

Disgusting

But really, you mean the people that talk about ending the electoral college, packing the supreme court to over rule the constitution, setting restrictions on the BOR, etc. don't care about Democracy?!?!
    And when they are doing all of that they cry about how Trump is undermining our institutions, norms and democracy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,894
    edited December 2019
    We're (?) not a democracy.

Never have been.

Basic civics, you know.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,237
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Sounds like some of us care for our Republic and the rule of law. Refreshing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's nice to see that even some people on the Left have enough integrity and objectivity to see past the immediate implications of this.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,894

It's nice to see that even some people on the Left have enough integrity and objectivity to see past the immediate implications of this.
    Who.gif?

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who.gif?

Glenn Greenwald, the author of this article, is definitely "on the left".

Definitely no one in the tug.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Never have been.

Basic civics, you know.

The Throbber beat me to it. We're not a democracy and the Constitution, for how awesome it is, leans toward the elite maintaining power. Same as it's ever been(Alabama Football).
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,359
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Never have been.

Basic civics, you know.

The Throbber beat me to it. We're not a democracy and the Constitution, for how awesome it is, leans toward the elite maintaining power. Same as it's ever been(Alabama Football).
    Way to NOT address the issue of the FBI owl.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    edited December 2019
    USMChawk said:

Never have been.

Basic civics, you know.

The founders recognize that a government is necessary and that those in government would be tempted to overstep their mandates. The Constitution is intended to limit that overreach.
    Hate to tell you this. But you won't overthrow the government with guns. I get that's a rallying cry for the simple minded. But in a representative republic, you overthrow the government at the ballot box. And you got your wish with Trump. Who clearly never oversteps his constitutional authority and drained the swamp.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,895
    edited December 2019

Jfc we use democracy as short hand for constitutional representative republic. Now tell me how that changes the fact that the FBI is subverting the democratic process by spying on opposition parties. The *crickets from the CDBros is notable in this thread.

Then ends justify the means crowd has to be stomped down. Hopefully by elections and not other means. But two can play the ends justify the means game. Preventing the millions of illegals voting is step one.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Jfc we use democracy as short hand for constitutional representative republic. Now tell me how that changes the fact that the FBI is subverting the democratic process by spying on opposition parties. The *crickets from the CDBros is notable in this thread.

Then ends justify the means crowd has to be stomped down. Hopefully by elections and not other means. But two can play the ends justify the means game. Preventing the millions of illegals voting is step one.
    Your belief that millions of illegals are voting is proof you shouldn't be allowed to vote as well.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,895

Sledog said:

Your belief that millions of illegals are voting is proof you shouldn't be allowed to vote as well.
    Why do you think Democrat controlled states won't audit their voting rolls? Kali automatically registered them when they get illegal drivers niceness unless they opt out. In fact they designed the computer system so it does not identify illegals at all so they can't be discriminated against.