Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

6th Annual Jesse Callier Commemorative Post-Collegiate Career Impact Ranking Initiative

Comments

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Holy Crap there were alot of Jaggy guys and below on the list. I think I had 4 guys at 4 and the rest 3 of below.

Even worse is this group of seniors to be may be just as bad
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    49 responses in so far. This is going to be an interesting one to discuss. I would never have guessed how polarizing AJ Carty's career impact would be to the masses. Also, many of you have a lot of hate in your hearts.

If anyone still wants to take part, just let me know. We're down about 10-15 people from last year. @DerekJohnson you want in?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ahmed was a 4. Should be able to fill it out today.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    4 for Ahmed. Wanted to give him 3.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,987
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Will fill out today.

Ahmed is a 3 who with proper coaching would’ve been a 4, easily. We rarely used him right.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I was torn and would’ve given Ahmed a 3.5

He was an impact played but I like my 5s to be All Americans or 1st Team all conference; 4s to be 2nd team and super contributors. Ahmed didn’t get there for me.

And I need to confirm that he wasn’t 2nd team all conference at RB.

Ahmed was HM, basically the 5th RB behind easy choice Moss, then Benjamin, Kelley, and Verdell.

At end of regular season he had exactly 1000 yards, with fewer yards but better avg per carry than Benjamin and Kelley.
    I'd say Verdell jumped him for the last spot by going for 208yd and 3TD in the CCG. (Thanks for showing up, Utes!) Until then Ahmed had few more yards, few more TD, and wasn't far behind in avg per carry.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    One thing I'd love to see is who from the 2018 Ale Kaho/Jessie Callier rankings departed and how that skews the overall impressions of both pre- and post-college rankings.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    4 for me. If he came back or had a better OC I think he’d have been a 5, rather easily. But we don’t deal in hypotheticals.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was a 3 that should have been a 5. His most important plays/series was the SC td run this year and the final 2018 AC series where he shared reps with Gaskin sucking the life out of cupg.

After that you get touchdowns bounced to the outside that showed his potential but were typically early in games we lost.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ahmed between a 3 & 4 for me. I'll give him a 4
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    I'm closing the survey tomorrow afternoon and will post the results tomorrow night. If anyone still wants to participate, let me know.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I'll participate.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,043
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Can I get in? I don't know anything about any of your? players except Corey Dillon and Ben Ossai.
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Ahmed is a 4 for me.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was an impact played but I like my 5s to be All Americans or 1st Team all conference; 4s to be 2nd team and super contributors. Ahmed didn’t get there for me.

I graded tougher this year. Too often I would give out 4 stars for being a 2 or 3 year starter and 2nd team All Pac. Those guys are 3’s now. 4’s for all conference and 5 for All American, dominant players.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

One thing I'd love to see is who from the 2018 Ale Kaho/Jessie Callier rankings departed and how that skews the overall impressions of both pre- and post-college rankings.

I am always in the lower quadrants on all of this. Perhaps I grade too TUFF. Or just hate the kids.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I graded tougher this year. Too often I would give out 4 stars for being a 2 or 3 year starter and 2nd team All Pac. Those guys are 3’s now. 4’s for all conference and 5 for All American, dominant players.
    Nick Harris got a 5 from me