Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clown show update

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,400
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
https://foxnews.com/politics/mccarthy-mocks-pelosi-for-shooting-down-impeachment-questions-from-reporters

"The question you probably wanted to ask was to the speaker. Unfortunately, she would not take any questions when it came to impeachment," he said.

Pelosi, D-Calif., did briefly address impeachment during her session with reporters, in a bid to tamp down speculation over why she is holding off on transmitting the two articles of impeachment to the Senate for trial.

But as reporters continued to pepper her with questions on the subject, the speaker responded, "I said what I was going to say." She later asked if anyone had questions about other issues such as the "SALT tax," stating, "I'm not going to answer any more questions on this."

Pelosi’s effort to turn down further questions on impeachment came after an all-consuming, nearly three-month inquiry on Capitol Hill consisting of seven hearings before the House Intelligence Committee, two hearings before House Judiciary, public testimony from 19 witnesses, nine subpoenas, over a dozen depositions, and hundreds of pages of Democrat-authored reports.

McCarthy minutes later torched Pelosi for shutting down impeachment-related questions.

"I would think if Nancy Pelosi thought impeachment was so important that she had to put this before the American public ... the press conference the day after impeachment -- that she has weekly -- I thought she would have welcomed questions about impeachment," McCarthy said. "Unfortunately, she told you they were Republican talking points and she would not take your questions. I never thought a speaker would act that way."

Comments