Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is it a Trap?

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/474242-is-a-trap-being-set-for-trump-in-the-senate-trial

I've held this theory (concern) for a while now.

Any attorney will tell you (HH not withstanding) it doesn't matter how strong your case, how well you are prepared, or how well you performed at a trial, when the moment comes for the trial to "go to the jury" - in this case the Senate - all bets are off.

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    My theory has been that many of the Republicans who have sided against Trump are doing so because Democrat operatives have dirt on them that they've threatened to expose unless the Republicans cooperate.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

My theory has been that many of the Republicans who have sided against Trump are doing so because Democrat operatives have dirt on them that they've threatened to expose unless the Republicans cooperate.

Eh all politicians were dirty for so long. The dems have upset the balance and broken the rules now.

Trump needs to go after their families.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,650
    That would be our intelligence services collecting the dirt and using the threats. You don't think chief justice Robert's ruled that Obama care wasn't a tax so they could hear the case and then ruled its it's a tax ask by himself do you?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think the democrats would love for the GOP to bail them out and dismiss the charges without a trial so they can cry about that forever
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

I think the democrats would love for the GOP to bail them out and dismiss the charges without a trial so they can cry about that forever

That's their best bet.

Their worst nightmare is the Swamp gets exposed and the Senate subpoeanas the Bidens, the Clinton Foundation, Pelosi, et.al for all their shady shit.

Follow the money.

• Options
    I want the conspirators to testify. It would be comedy gold. Imagine Hillary explaining how she paid for the fusion GPS report. Christopher Steele would be interesting. Schiff, Nadler, the not a whistle blower and who put him up and freed him the info. Brennan, Comey, Stzork, Page, Rosestein etc.

We'd be laughing at this shit for years.

They'd be crying in prison.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'm not concerned about this at all.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    Founders Club

Imagine thinking political corruption is the exclusive domain of one party but not the other.

Exactly.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Sledog said:

I want the conspirators to testify. It would be comedy gold. Imagine Hillary explaining how she paid for the fusion GPS report. Christopher Steele would be interesting. Schiff, Nadler, the not a whistle blower and who put him up and freed him the info. Brennan, Comey, Stzork, Page, Rosestein etc.

We'd be laughing at this shit for years.

They'd be crying in prison.

No ones going to prison.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    Sledog said:

That would be our intelligence services collecting the dirt and using the threats. You don't think chief justice Robert's ruled that Obama care wasn't a tax so they could hear the case and then ruled its it's a tax ask by himself do you?

Could you rephrase this in English?
  • Options
    I can.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    Reflecting more and with investigations coming down the pipe I am changing my mind to just vote and and this shit we can subpoena all those people into the criminal trials.

Just post the win them we'll go for 2
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Imagine thinking political corruption is the exclusive domain of one party but not the other.

Who thinks that Tommy? Name, names?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

That's their best bet.

Their worst nightmare is the Swamp gets exposed and the Senate subpoeanas the Bidens, the Clinton Foundation, Pelosi, et.al for all their shady shit

Follow the money.

Barr can investigate all those people whenever he wants. Here's a hint, they will go the way of the supposed FISA court abuse.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

That's their best bet.

Their worst nightmare is the Swamp gets exposed and the Senate subpoeanas the Bidens, the Clinton Foundation, Pelosi, et.al for all their shady shit.

Follow the money.

As we saw with the BO admin, rats plead the 5th. America will get nothing out of running this like a trial hearing because rats have no intention of telling the truth. They put the biggest liars of all in charge of their own party.